Flight Sim Upgrade

Hello guys,

I´m currently running Microsoft FSX on 1 1080p monitor + 1 1080p Aux-monitor for TeamSpeak, which is running fine on my 4690K @ 4,4GHz and a Asus Strix GTX 750ti with the default overclock.

I´m now planning to upgrade the main monitor to a LG 34UM95 Ultrawide (3440x1440) and will also switch to Lockheed Martin Prepar3d v3 in the next 1-2 months.

Do you think a Asus GTX 970 Strix will do the job? Otherwise I´ll have to step down to a 2560x1440 monitor because I can´t afford anything even more expensive.

PS: For those who are familiar with Flightsims, my add ons are PMDG B777, VRS F18, REX 4 and some Aerosoft MegaAirports, I will soon be adding Flightbeams EDDF Scenery (which isn´t released yet).

Thanks for your help!

Personally I'd suggest against going to P3D, it's basically a re-packaged FSX with a dfferent UI and some minor engine tweaks, nothing to warrant the extra $100 for the licence (and remember, when they release P3D v4 you have to re-buy it).  Also, as stated, its not for "Personal Consumer Entertainment" so don't expect to get any support from them if there are issues.

Also note you'll have to re-buy the PMDG stuff for P3D.

Hello guys,

I´m currently running Microsoft FSX on 1 1080p monitor + 1 1080p Aux-monitor for TeamSpeak, which is running fine on my 4690K @ 4,4GHz and a Asus Strix GTX 750ti with the default overclock.

I´m now planning to upgrade the main monitor to a LG 34UM95 Ultrawide (3440x1440) and will also switch to Lockheed Martin Prepar3d v3 in the next 1-2 months.

Do you think a Asus GTX 970 Strix will do the job? Otherwise I´ll have to step down to a 2560x1440 monitor because I can´t afford anything even more expensive.

PS: For those who are familiar with Flightsims, my add ons are PMDG B777, VRS F18, REX 4 and some Aerosoft MegaAirports, I will soon be adding Flightbeams EDDF Scenery (which isn´t released yet).

Thanks for your help!

I need to take  your list of addons and go from there

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

I Run an MSI 970 on 1440p with an OC (but no over-volt). Average fps on heaven is 58-59. I imagine for 3440x1440p you'll get about 256/344 times the average fps. Depends if this is good enough for you. 

If you make a post contradicting mine that doesn't directly address my claims, or cites 'facts' without evidence, I'm probably not going to bother responding to it, because you probably didn't bother reading my post properly, and because life is too short. It doesn't mean I don't have an answer for you. It means I'm not dignifying you with a response.