A Good wireless keyboard and Mouse

Donut417

Looking for a good wireless keyboard and mouse for my mom for xmas. Newegg has 3 categories, RF, IR and Bluetooth. She mentioned she wants less wires so Im going to give that to her. Any suggestions? Im kinda floating between Microsoft and Logitech. My moms Microsoft mouse has been in use since Windows 98 era. If possible may would consider something with a back light, if it doesn't eat batteries. LOL. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Back lit ones tend to be more pricey, if you're not worried about input lag and have a free USB port you probably don't have much to worry about in terms of connectivity. 

My pick is this one, good price and has some nice function macros for things like calc, email, etc. Also since the mouse is from 98 it's probably that off white they used to make everything in so here, this might match.

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wireless-Keyboard-Ivory-920-003365/dp/B004ZKXXAK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1447788591&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=logitech+wireless+keyboard&psc=1

Im actually looking for a combo keyboard and mouse. She wants no wires. That does look good though. I know Logitech is good. Is there any big difference between RF, IR, or Bluetooth? Our router is about 3 ft away, will that cause any significant issues? 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.