Honestly just confused and pissed off

Ordered a computer from CPPC. It has an Intel i5 6600k w/ an H60 and a GTX 980 (EVGA SC)

Now, early black Friday sales are out and I could've gotten a 5820k and a 980 ti for a hundred bucks more.

I don't want to cancel my order and reorder because my ship date is already after my birthday.

Will i5 6600k and 980 be enough for ultra 1080p 60 fps range gaming? I just am so confused and irritated, give me some insight please.

980 will be more than enough for 1080p, even a 970 would be for most games. Honestly, for just games the 6600k and 980 will be enough and you can save the $100 towards a new mouse, keyboard, or even more RAM

CPU: FX-6300 GPU: Sapphire R9 380X MOBO: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB PSU: XFX XTR 550W CASE: Zalman Z11 Plus SSD: Samsung 840 Evo

17 years old, PC Enthusiast for 3. Be gentle with me, I'm only young.

first of all. you watch linus tech tips. why would you buy a full pc from a company :( . that build would pretty much all games at 1080p no problem though.

Ordered a computer from CPPC. It has an Intel i5 6600k w/ an H60 and a GTX 980 (EVGA SC)

Now, early black Friday sales are out and I could've gotten a 5820k and a 980 ti for a hundred bucks more.

I don't want to cancel my order and reorder because my ship date is already after my birthday.

Will i5 6600k and 980 be enough for ultra 1080p 60 fps range gaming? I just am so confused and irritated, give me some insight please.

That's the risky part of ordering stuff around this time of the year. I just ordered two 28" monitors for ~50% off, and I'm dreading that a couple days after I open them up and get everything set up that some awesome 1440p display is going to go on sale for right about the same price and I'll regret it. But, you take what you can get. :unsure: At 1080p Ultra, the 980 should have no problem holding 60fps. My rig currently only has one Sapphire R9 280 Dual-X OC Edition, and I can run Tomb Raider at Ultra and hold around 45-50 fps.

IMO: I would be worth the extra wait to cancel your current order and get the upgrade for the extra $100.

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

It depends on the games, mostly. Even a 980 Ti would be perfectly suitable for 1080p since there's games that will drop below 60fps with that card even at 1080p.

If you can, just return the 980 and get the 980 Ti. It'll be worth it.

I only have a 60hz monitor. The 980 used to be the 1080p machine.. Now I can't even get this PC by my birthday because I apparently MUST get a 980 TI

I only have a 60hz monitor. The 980 used to be the 1080p machine.. Now I can't even get this PC by my birthday because I apparently MUST get a 980 TI

No one's saying you must, just they advise for you to get one, a 980 is perfectly fine for gaming at 1080p60+FPS :P

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Also I wasn't the one buying it, they had better peace of mind getting it prebuilt. Couldnt control that.

Why don't you just build one instead?

Edit: oh.

Edited by jtwalker

So it can do ultra/very high 50-60 fps, on, say, gta v?

And is the processor good for gaming and some editing in premiere?

It depends on the games, mostly. Even a 980 Ti would be perfectly suitable for 1080p since there's games that will drop below 60fps with that card even at 1080p.

If you can, just return the 980 and get the 980 Ti. It'll be worth it.

What games? Besides games whose optimization is so bad it could kill a small dog, the 980ti crushes everything at 1080p.

@OP Just do whatever you want. A 980 is more than enough for hitting 60 on every game at 1080. I would suggest waiting it out for the Ti, but at that point you would be looking more at the 1440p resolution.

What games? Besides games whose optimization is so bad it could kill a small dog, the 980ti crushes everything at 1080p.

@OP Just do whatever you want. A 980 is more than enough for hitting 60 on every game at 1080. I would suggest waiting it out for the Ti, but at that point you would be looking more at the 1440p resolution.

Any recent game that has great graphics. You will get frame drops even at 1080p with a 980 Ti - that card will alleviate getting more framedrops from other cards a little bit and provide a way smoother experience. Stepping it up in resolution will pose more frame drops, but again it depends on the game.

A 980 isn't more than enough for every game at 1080p. I actually own one.

Well its going to be hard to reorder it at this point. It's processing. I just hope this works out... I hope it works well because I don't know about waiting a lot longer for a new card

OP, see if you can cancel the order and get the other one. Would be worth it, especially for only $100+.

Incipere V5.0

Spoiler

CPU | i7-4790k | GPU | Nvidia GTX Titan X | Motherboard | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | Memory | 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 G2 | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + Toshiba 3TB | Case | Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 | CPU Cooler | Noctua NH-D15

Parvulus V1.0

Spoiler

CPU | i5-4690k | GPU | Zotac GTX 960 | Motherboard | ASRock Z97M-ITX/ac | Memory | 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 GS | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + WD 1TB Blue 2.5" | Case | Silverstone Sugo SG13

If you want to join a group chat of like-minded techies, gaming, and all things dank, join our Discord group. Message me or get into contact with Galaxy. http://linustechtips.com/main/user/107351-gaiaxy/

Ended up cancelling it and I'm going to round up some parts that my mother's friend is going to build... Hopefully I can get some good sales, point any out of you see them.