Corsair K70 RGB vs Strafe RGB

Ling
Go to solution Solved by Kleever,

Hey, so I'm trying to choose between the K70 RGB and the Strafe RGB. They both come in the keyswitch I want (CherryMX Brown), they both have media keys (though the K70's are separate), they both have a keypad, they both have USB passthrough, only the K70 has a volume wheel (though I have one on my headset so it doesn't matter) but the Strafe has brighter backlighting, doesn't use a metallic material which gets fingerprints all over it and is cheaper. Am I missing something here? Why is the K70 more expensive if from looking at this information it's seemingly worse?

Thanks,

TeRa

I think it basically comes down to the K70 RGB having an aluminum finish on the top for a more premium look, the rest of the keyboard is plastic so I'm not sure why people think it "it's all aluminum" when clearly it's not. Also there is no USB pass through on the K70 RGB model, that's only on the non RGB. It basically comes down to do you want better lighting without flickering or an aluminum top plate and dedicated media keys? One last thing the K70 has a braided cable while the Strafe just has the standard rubber one if that's something you care about.

Hey, so I'm trying to choose between the K70 RGB and the Strafe RGB. They both come in the keyswitch I want (CherryMX Brown), they both have media keys (though the K70's are separate), they both have a keypad, they both have USB passthrough, only the K70 has a volume wheel (though I have one on my headset so it doesn't matter) but the Strafe has brighter backlighting, doesn't use a metallic material which gets fingerprints all over it and is cheaper. Am I missing something here? Why is the K70 more expensive if from looking at this information it's seemingly worse?

Thanks,

TeRa

The K70, it's all aluminium. Very well made and tough. The only trouble I have is dust getting round the keys. Oily marks hardly show as the aluminium is a sort of matte finish. A simple wipe down with a baby wipe and some cotton buds around the keys and there you go, looks brand new. I have an K65 myself it's the same as the K70 but withou the numpad.

Thanks,

TeRa

I think it basically comes down to the K70 RGB having an aluminum finish on the top for a more premium look, the rest of the keyboard is plastic so I'm not sure why people think it "it's all aluminum" when clearly it's not. Also there is no USB pass through on the K70 RGB model, that's only on the non RGB. It basically comes down to do you want better lighting without flickering or an aluminum top plate and dedicated media keys? One last thing the K70 has a braided cable while the Strafe just has the standard rubber one if that's something you care about.

Thanks! This was very informative. I have decided to stick with the Corsair Strafe RGB.