Fallout 4 Issues

Khajiit Dealer
Go to solution Solved by The Pizza Thief,

I have it in borderless. 

On the contrary you need to have it set to fullscreen, I would give it a try at 1080p with V-Sync off and capped at 60 frames. I have a ROG Swift 1440p 144Hz G-sync monitor and I have it set that way because otherwise It's unplayable. The game is optimized for consoles, every high end graphics card struggles with it.

The game doesn't like: High end graphics cards, i5 processors, high refresh monitors and anything above 1080p. Really shitty game with no optimization, textures are a joke and it's glitched to death but I can't deny it is fun overall, I have 40+ hours in. 

If you are wondering I'm running it on this hardware: (Rest is in my signature)

i7-6700k 

SLI GTX 970's 

SSD Installed 

I'll get straight to the point. In Fallout 4, when I start the game and am in the main menu the game stutters and (at times) goes to 0 FPS. It also does this when I attempt to save via the esc menu in-game and when I go into the load menu.

I consistently get over 60 FPS on ultra settings 1440p. I am running the game on my 64GB SSD. My specs are the following:

-i7 3770k @3.9ghz

-EVGA 980 Ti SC ACX 2.0+ @1300mhz

-Corsair CX750M (plz no hate)

-1TB Western Digital Blue

-Crucial 64GB SSD

-ASUS pb278q Monitor

This only recently started. For the first few days, none of this was happening. 

Guide to GTX 900 Series: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/457526-nvidia-900-series-basic-performance-guide/

Performance expert, building noob. 

There is no such thing as excess in hardware. 

i5-4460 - Scythe Mugen PCGH Edition - MSI R9 390 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3-1600 - MSI H97 3 Gaming - NZXT Noctis 450 Black/Red - 1 TB Seagate Barracuda HDD - Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD - Cooler Master G750M PSU  - BenQ RL2455HM - Corsair Strafe MX Cherry Silent - Razer Deathadder Chroma - Logitech z623 Speakers - Windows 10 & 8.1

I just started it and monitored my usage across everything. The GPU, CPU, and Memory didn't go above 30%. What is happening? I'm so confused. 

Guide to GTX 900 Series: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/457526-nvidia-900-series-basic-performance-guide/

From what I've seen this is caused by having the game in Fullscreen, so try borderless/windowed mode?

From what I've seen this is caused by having the game in Fullscreen, so try borderless/windowed mode?

I have it in borderless. 

I have it in borderless. 

On the contrary you need to have it set to fullscreen, I would give it a try at 1080p with V-Sync off and capped at 60 frames. I have a ROG Swift 1440p 144Hz G-sync monitor and I have it set that way because otherwise It's unplayable. The game is optimized for consoles, every high end graphics card struggles with it.

The game doesn't like: High end graphics cards, i5 processors, high refresh monitors and anything above 1080p. Really shitty game with no optimization, textures are a joke and it's glitched to death but I can't deny it is fun overall, I have 40+ hours in. 

If you are wondering I'm running it on this hardware: (Rest is in my signature)

i7-6700k 

SLI GTX 970's 

SSD Installed