Which 2/3DS to get?

Thorium19

So I'm not sure which new 2/3DS to get, as I'm looking to upgrade from my old DS lite to something that can let me play the latest games.

The ones I've been considering so far are:

2DS in black and blue with mario kart 7 installed for £75

2DS alpha sapphire edition (blue see through) with alpha sapphire installed for £105

new 3DS and alpha sapphire and pokemon backplates for £190

new 3DS for £140

I'm looking to get one soon and am wanting to play the new pokemon games as well as professor layton vs pheonix wright and pheonix wright dual destinies, at least that's what I want to play the most.

Basically, what suggestions do you have that could help me choose what to get, is the new 3DS really worth that much more than a 2DS? etc.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

New 3ds as it is faster and get the pokemon one if you want the game. It basically is compatible with all DS-new 3ds games, but is much faster than the 3ds

:)

So I'm not sure which new 2/3DS to get, as I'm looking to upgrade from my old DS lite to something that can let me play the latest games.

The ones I've been considering so far are:

2DS in black and blue with mario kart 7 installed for £75

2DS alpha sapphire edition (blue see through) with alpha sapphire installed for £105

new 3DS and alpha sapphire and pokemon backplates for £190

new 3DS for £140

I'm looking to get one soon and am wanting to play the new pokemon games as well as professor layton vs pheonix wright and pheonix wright dual destinies, at least that's what I want to play the most.

Basically, what suggestions do you have that could help me choose what to get, is the new 3DS really worth that much more than a 2DS? etc.

Kid Icarus is a good game, what do you think about that as well as Pokemon?

My build : http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/Ck8VkL

[spoiler spoiler=Crimson Skyline]  My build: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/Ck8VkL | I5-6600K | Hyper 212 Evo | Asus Z170 Pro Gaming + ROG Front Base | Axevir Core Series Red 2X8 2400 | Sandisk SSD Plus 240 GB | Western Digital 1TB Blue | MSI R9 390 | Corsair 760T | Corsair 850 RMI | Dell U2515H IPS | Hyper X II Cloud Red | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech G602 |

[spoiler spoiler=Laptop] I7 3232QM | Nvidia GT635M | 17.6" TN | 1TB HD | 6GB RAM

New 3ds as it is faster and get the pokemon one if you want the game. It basically is compatible with all DS-new 3ds games, but is much faster than the 3ds

Is it really worth nearly double to cost of the 2DS though?

2DS Shappire, See Through>Fancy Plastic Plates

also 3D Effect require some precise viewing angle

I think the 3D effect is a lot better on the new one, but I'm tempted by the nostalgia of the sapphire 2DS, just not sure on future game compatibility

Kid Icarus is a good game, what do you think about that as well as Pokemon?

Never really been interested in kid icarus, not sure why really they just haven't sparked my interest like others.

I recommend dis one:

Or maybe dis one:

Okay, that last one got me  :D

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

I think it depends on what games you're going to get. If you're wanting it for just one or two games of the simpler games like Pokemon or Braverly Default then save your money and get a 2DS. Because you're probably going to be playing those games with 3D off anyway and they don't take advantage of the extra horsepower. However if you're wanting to play Kid Icarus, Smash Bros, Zelda, Mario Kart etc then a New 3DS would be the one I'd get.

Also, someone who got a 3DS in its first year these are the games I've spent the most time in:

- Animal Crossing New Leaf

- Pokemon Y

- Mario Kart 7

- Smash Bros

- Kid Icarus Uprising

- Ocarina of Time 3D

- Super Mario 3D Land

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

I think it depends on what games you're going to get. If you're wanting it for just one or two games of the simpler games like Pokemon or Braverly Default then save your money and get a 2DS. Because you're probably going to be playing those games with 3D off anyway and they don't take advantage of the extra horsepower. However if you're wanting to play Kid Icarus, Smash Bros, Zelda, Mario Kart etc then a New 3DS would be the one I'd get.

Also, someone who got a 3DS in its first year these are the games I've spent the most time in:

- Animal Crossing New Leaf

- Pokemon Y

- Mario Kart 7

- Smash Bros

- Kid Icarus Uprising

- Ocarina of Time 3D

- Super Mario 3D Land

I would play mario kart, but looking back on my original DS game choices, it's pokemon, prof layton and ace attorney which run rampant, with the odd final fantasy or mario game mixed in.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

I would play mario kart, but looking back on my original DS game choices, it's pokemon, prof layton and ace attorney which run rampant, with the odd final fantasy or mario game mixed in.

This is probably a better list if you're wanting recommendations

The only game it's missing is Smash Bros which launched the month after they made it. I'd also keep my eye out for a few titles coming out soon. In particular Hyrule Warriors and the Mario & Luigi/Paper Mario crossover. If you want Smash, Hyrule Warriors or Xenoblade? Get the New 3DS.

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

I'd go for the N3DS.  If possible I'd wing the XL version since that extra screen estate is quite nice.  Otherwise, go N3DS, and enjoy the updated internals. 

Okay, so amazon had an offer on the new 3DS with xenoblade for £140, so I pulled the trigger and got it, along with alpha sapphire, so that should see me through now.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

2DS Shappire, See Through>Fancy Plastic Plates

also 3D Effect require some precise viewing angle

This is no longer an issue, the New 3DS tracks your face and adjusts the 3D effect accordingly.

"It's a taxi, it has a FARE METER."