Windows 10 Clean Install Activation

MiyagiDoKarate

Hi guys, i  did a clean install of windows 10, now... how i activate my Windows?

thats all

THANKS

1- Settings -> Update & Security -> Update Windows 10 to the latest version

2- Settings -> Update & Security -> Activation

1- Settings -> Update & Security -> Update Windows 10 to the latest version

2- Settings -> Update & Security -> Activation

already up to date, my Windows 8.1 pro key doesnt work, none of the two methods works (manual and auto)

nope :ph34r:

okay, so assuming you have the original version of Windows 10, use the media creation tool again to perform an upgrade to the newest build of Windows 10, the November update. This update adds the ability to activate windows 10 with 7 & 8 keys. 

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines

okay, so assuming you have the original version of Windows 10, use the media creation tool again to perform an upgrade to the newest build of Windows 10, the November update. This update adds the ability to activate windows 10 with 7 & 8 keys. 

is that necessary? i just installed Windows 10 a couple hours ago, and is already up to date

is that necessary? i just installed Windows 10 a couple hours ago, and is already up to date

In the search box, type: winver, and hit enter

A panel will open showing you the version of Windows 10, what does it says?

In the search box, type: winver, and hit enter

A panel will open showing you the version of Windows 10, what does it says?

ok so you do have the latest version.

What is the license of your Windows 8.1 Pro key? OEM (Dell, HP, Acer, etc.), System Builder OEM (what we can buy in stores as OEM), Retail (fancy box and all), MSDN (you bought it from someone) or MSDNAA/DreamSpark Premium (educational institution for students)?

I asked, because Microsoft never made it clear which product key should work with the activation.

What is the license of your Windows 8.1 Pro key? OEM (Dell, HP, Acer, etc.), System Builder OEM (what we can buy in stores as OEM), Retail (fancy box and all), MSDN (you bought it from someone) or MSDNAA/DreamSpark Premium (educational institution for students)?

I asked, because Microsoft never made it clear which product key should work with the activation.

8.1 pro RTM

Just to elaborate on this, my MSDN 8.1 Pro key activated just fine on a TH2 Clean Install (Legit key, my workplace has an MSDN account so i was given one)

8.1 pro RTM

"RTM" means official released version.

It sadly doesn't answer the question.

"RTM" means official released version.

It sadly doesn't answer the question.

i'm sorry, then it has to be Retail, to be honest im not sure but i buy it a couple years ago on a page where every Windows 8.1 copies says are Retail