Brute Force BitLocker Password?

iamdarkyoshi

BitLocker has randomly been put on some of my mediaserver's hard drives a day after installing windows 10. Downgrading to windows 7 did nothing, and they show up as locked when plugged into my PC.

I cant imagine it is some sort of ransomeware, but it COULD happen, the strange part is that nowhere is a "Please send us a shitload of money to get your data back" it just looks to be a standard bitlocker encryption.

It had been running fine (albeit slow as BALLS) on windows 7 (thus the upgrade to windows 10)

And I have tried every password I can think of to unlock my drives. 

Is there any brute force attack I can perform to get back ~1TB of movies, TV, and other things obtained through playon or plex other than re-downloading them? Family photos and other stuff was also on the drives, but it has been backed up on SugarSync

Mods, if this is against CoC, please tell me why. I am the owner of my drives, and this was my PC with a fully licensed copy of windows.

To my knowledge there isn't a backdoor to Bitlocker you are out of luck it seems. Brute force may take a while. Some apps claim to recover files from locked HDDs but I don't believe them.

Regards Elias N Martinez. | Graphic and motion design are my jobs. 3D modeling is my hobby. I do what I enjoy.  Skype: eliasnmartinez1 (please state that you are coming from LTT)

BitLocker has randomly been put on some of my mediaserver's hard drives a day after installing windows 10. Downgrading to windows 7 did nothing, and they show up as locked when plugged into my PC.

I cant imagine it is some sort of ransomeware, but it COULD happen, the strange part is that nowhere is a "Please send us a shitload of money to get your data back" it just looks to be a standard bitlocker encryption.

It had been running fine (albeit slow as BALLS) on windows 7 (thus the upgrade to windows 10)

And I have tried every password I can think of to unlock my drives. 

Is there any brute force attack I can perform to get back ~1TB of movies, TV, and other things obtained through playon or plex other than re-downloading them? Family photos and other stuff was also on the drives, but it has been backed up on SugarSync

Mods, if this is against CoC, please tell me why. I am the owner of my drives, and this was my PC with a fully licensed copy of windows.

Haven't you made a thread about this already?

Looking for a job