Upgrading from a dying 4S

I have been using my father's old 4S for the last few years, but it has finally began to die. I have tried to hold on to this phone as I love its small screen, and have fixed many issues that it has had (battery died, battery died again, wireless died, screen broke). I have begun to feel like it is a losing battle, however, as this phone is too slow. I was planning on holding out for someone to release a high-end 3.5-4.5 inch phone (Z5 Compact woot), but have mostly given up on that ever happening now. Also, after trying a friend's 6S Plus, I feel that the smaller screen size wasn't so much an advantage as a difference, so I am no longer overly concerned about screen size (Although the 6-inch monster phones are still too big).

As such, with a mostly flexible budget (preferably <800 AUD), what would you recommend for a new phone? Please bear in mind I do not plan to upgrade from this phone for the next 2 to 3-ish years, and the phones must be available off-contract in Australia. Some phones I have looked at are:

LG G4

Moto X Play

Z5 Compact

Moto X Force

Moto X Style

Moto G

Oneplus Two

Which of these would you recommend for a phone that will last me for several years, without costing me too much? I am open to other suggestions.

Motorola is my favorite mobile phone company.

Z5 compact is probably the best choice now.

Considering the battery and good enough specs.

Whatever you pick, do not go with the One Plus Two. It is purely a budget phone and even at that, the Moto X Pure is just wayyyy better at a slightly higher price. The Moto X Pure (Style), LG G4, Z5, Z5 compact are all great phone.

Motorola is my favorite mobile phone company.

Oh, me too. My first phone was a very old motorola flip phone, which I inherited by being the only person who understood it's UI. And the 'hello moto' ringtones. It was held together with stickytape, but lasted a good 5 years.

If you have the money for it and don't mind the screen size, Moto X Force is the way to go. Great battery life, Moto Maker customization, and truly shatter resistant screen. No need for a case on that thing. Plus, as close to stock android as you can get without being pure vanilla.

Laptop - Lenovo Y50   Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown   Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core   Mousepad - Razer Firefly

Please read the LTT Code of Conduct before submitting a post

You might as well just go for the 6s, it's the best phone on the market. 

In Australia, the 16gb 6s starts at over 1000 dollars. I could stretch it, but I am sure that for several hundred dollars less there could be an almost as good experience.

If you have the money for it and don't mind the screen size, Moto X Force is the way to go. Great battery life, Moto Maker customization, and truly shatter resistant screen. No need for a case on that thing. Plus, as close to stock android as you can get without being pure vanilla.

No Moto Maker in Australia

:(

No Moto Maker in Australia

:(

AWWWWW :'(

Laptop - Lenovo Y50   Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown   Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core   Mousepad - Razer Firefly

Please read the LTT Code of Conduct before submitting a post

AWWWWW :'(

Given that, would it be worth spending literally twice as much over a Moto X play then? Or if not, still nearly 500 Australian dollars over a LG G4?