Repairing Disk Errors. How would I fix this?

dukethedj

The power went out unexpectedly and I dont have a UPS. Now one of my PCs takes an hour to get to the Windows Logo boot up screen than takes another hour until it bluescreens. After a few days of letting it do that, I am at the boot up screen with the message, Repairing Disk Errors. This might take a while.

This has been like this for two days now and I really don't want to reinstall Windows and find all of my stuff at the moment. Is there any way to fix this without reinstalling? I also tried safe mode and that wont work.

Running Windows 10 on a WD Blue

You are on a need to know basis, and you don't need to know.

not sure about how to fix this but if you can then buy a cheap 1tb/500gb hdd then save up for a better one and transfer the files.

You could run a disk repair via the command prompt but to be honest even if it does work how long will it last. I would buy a new drive.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

hi duke! let me tell you a similar story, I had a power outage a month ago and this is what happened. My windows profile got corrupted and it wasn't allowing me to login, My Sony TV got a burnt Power board, and I had the same problem as yours my PC keeps doing disk repairs.  I've tried a lot of solutions just so I can fix it and the only solution I came up with was really a "reformat". now you could try doing a Windows repair via a windows 10 boot drive ( which I did but it didn't work).  

CPU: I5 7400 | Motherboard: MSI H110M  | RAM: 16GB G-Skill 2400mhz  | GPU:  NVIDIA  MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970 | Case: Tecware Quad | Cooling: Stock| Storage: Kingston 120gb SSD, 1TB Drive ,  | PSU: Seasonic 620 Watt 80+ Bronze Full Modular | Display: Devant 50 Inch Smart TV   | 

hi duke! let me tell you a similar story, I had a power outage a month ago and this is what happened. My windows profile got corrupted and it wasn't allowing me to login, My Sony TV got a burnt Power board, and I had the same problem as yours my PC keeps doing disk repairs.  I've tried a lot of solutions just so I can fix it and the only solution I came up with was really a "reformat". now you could try doing a Windows repair via a windows 10 boot drive ( which I did but it didn't work).

Never thought about the repair. I just jumped the gun and reformatted and installed.

You are on a need to know basis, and you don't need to know.