Buying Asrock Z77 Extreme4-M Motherboard

Hi all, can someone please tell me if the Asrock Extreme4-M motherboard is good quality, how many layers are in the PCB and where I can buy it in Australia.

I wouldn't go with AsRock Z77 motherboards, they have been of questionable quality from what I have seen so far. Gigabyte or Asus would be a good alternative.

I wouldn't go with AsRock Z77 motherboards, they have been of questionable quality from what I have seen so far. Gigabyte or Asus would be a good alternative.

As stable as my Pro3 has been, I second your opinion.

Hi all, can someone please tell me if the Asrock Extreme4-M motherboard is good quality, how many layers are in the PCB and where I can buy it in Australia.

Don't buy an AsRock board, they are of questionable quality. Go with one of these:

http://www.techbuy.com.au/p/189662/MOTHERBOARD_INTEL_SOCKET_1155/ASUS/P8Z77M.asp

OR

http://www.techbuy.com.au/p/194841/MOTHERBOARD_INTEL_SOCKET_1155/Gigabyte/GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP.asp

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

I own one. It is awesome. It is the normal one though, not the M version. 

I would buy it. However, 2 notes: They are not good for extreme overclocking, but are fine for moderate overclocking (moderate being 4.5GHz on a 3570k or 4.1-4.2GHz on a 4670k, anything over is extreme imo).

Also, do not use the auto-update BIOS function in the BIOS. It fails and bricks your motherboard. ASRock can mail you a BIOS chip for like $5 that is pre-flashed with the latest BIOS if you need them that badly. I would just do that. 

But yeah, overall, I like this motherboard. It works well and the software that comes with it is pretty great. The software, if you got it without the motherboard, would cost money (RAMDisk, overclocking software, LAN monitoring software, etc) and so to get it free with the motherboard, imo, is awesome.

There are only 3 things I would change:

1. Fix the auto-update BIOS function.
  2. Change the Brown PCB to Black, Grey, or Gold to match the AWESOME heatsinks (really, I love their aesthetics).
  3. Handle overclocking better by having higher quality power delivery.

If your concerns are not within the bounds of those 3 things (you do not care about the latest BIOS, the Brown PCB/Aesthetics, or extreme overclocking), it is a perfectly good motherboard for you or anyone else, imo.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

thanks all, im running my rig in a Corsair 350D which supports M-ATX only, im very happy with it. :)

I wont be overclocking at all and what benefits will I have from my current ASUS P8H61 MX USB3 motherboard to the Asrock z77 extreme4-m motherboard?

thanks all, im running my rig in a Corsair 350D which supports M-ATX only, im very happy with it. :)

I wont be overclocking at all and what benefits will I have from my current ASUS P8H61 MX USB3 motherboard to the Asrock z77 extreme4-m motherboard?

If you already own a motherboard, I would not buy a new one unless the current one is semi-broken (then I would RMA), or you just want the software from the ASRock. 

Why do you want a new motherboard? You will not see any difference between the two unless your current one is broken or it has more features you want (like SATA/USB ports and such).

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

ok, i may want a new motherboard becuase my current motherboard only has SATA 3GB/s