GPU Upgrade is it worth it?

energylightning

Hey guys, I recently build a new PC and got a EVGA GTX 750 TI FTW as a present. It's not a bad GPU, gaming performance is decent but its way too loud , fans can't go bellow 42%. So I decided to go for something a bit better like a GTX 960. Game-debate states that a GTX 960 is 50-55% better overall. I'm aiming for the MSI GTX 960 4GB Or Gigabyte g1 gaming. I play mostly dota 2 and some rpg's but not 4k gaming or anything max resolution is 1080p. So is it worth it? tell me what you guys think :)

Here is my build

i5 4690k

z97 gaming 3 MSI

2x 4gb Corsair vengence

gtx 750 ti ftw

be quiet! Psu 600w (80+ gold)

samsung ssd 850 evo

p.s. GTX 970 is an overkill for me (imo).

I think you must have got a bad card because my 750ti near silent. it may just be that the FTW version is loud though.

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary numbers and those who don’t

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

I personally do not think its worth upgrading unless your usage is intensive.

If it is just fan issue, try go bios to lower fan speed or google for solution. The most just live with it or put ur pc somewhere far on the ground

I'm using gtx650. It's quiet. My air con and fan blowing me makes more noise.

Hello similarly situated OP

I wouldn't go anything slower than a R9 380, and that includes not getting the GTX 960. The 960 doesn't have great value and the jump isn't dramatic enough, and the 380 would be little more  than twice as fast as your (and mine?) 750 Ti FTW, and plus you could overclock it for more power, too.

CPU: Intel Core i3 4370 (3.8GHz, 2C/4T) GPU: AMD R9 380X 4GB

BTW: 380X To be released on the 15th, though it probably won't be in stores until 17th-20th or later...