Asus PG279Q vs Dell S2716DG

Go to solution Solved by Glenwing,

Ooops!  :blush:  Completely overlooked this fact!

I'm looking for a 1440p 144hz IPS

The reason I linked both as G-SYNC monitors is the R9 390X is going to be replaced once Pascal Architecture gets released.  :D

In that case the PG279Q is the way to go.

I'm thinking of buying a new monitor for myself around Christmas this year.

Debating between the Dell Gaming S2716DG 27" 1440p 144hz G-Sync and the Asus ROG PG279Q 27" 1440p 144hz G-Sync

Both are IPS displays and both have 1ms response times.

Anyone have any input in which one would be a better fit for gaming? 

Here are links to both monitors:

Dell Gaming S2716DG 27"

ASUS ROG PG279Q 27"

Thanks for any input! 

Well the asus is 165 hz. But tbh you coud be better off with the dell gaming for now.

Do you think my R9 390X would be able to run 1440p @ 144hz or 165hz?

I actually was asking a similar question back in September and went with the Asus ROG Swift PG278Q and am sooooo happy i did. looks amazing and provided you have the GPU to run 1440p get it. im getting 121frps constantly with Gsync enabled in CoD BO3 with max settings. Higher frps if gsync disabled

Im running a watercooled 1400mhz Titan X but a 390x not sure how well games will run. I have not run with an AMD card since my crossfire 7950's.

The Dell is a 1ms TN display and the PG279Q is a 4ms IPS display.

The Dell is a 1ms TN display and the PG279Q is a 4ms IPS display.

I'm looking for a 1440p 144hz IPS  (don't really care about the response time I was only using it for comparison)

The reason I linked both as G-SYNC monitors is the R9 390X is going to be replaced once Pascal Architecture gets released.  :D

I'm looking for a 1440p 144hz IPS

In that case the PG279Q is the way to go.

sorry i didnt notice the 2nd to last skew letter of the asus monitor you linked, the Asus RoG PG278Q is 144hz 1ms response with Gsync

http://www.amazon.com/PG278Q-2560x1440-DisplayPort-Ergonomic-Back-lit/dp/B00MSOND8C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1447277897&sr=8-1&keywords=ASUS+ROG+PG278Q+Black+27

On newegg and amazon the monitor i linked are both cheaper then the one you listed. the reason the one you linked has a slower response time "I beleive" is that it offers HDMI out as well. the one i linked is display port only.

On newegg and amazon the monitor i linked are both cheaper then the one you listed. the reason the one you linked has a slower response time "I beleive" is that it offers HDMI out as well. the one i linked is display port only.

Yeah the new PG279Q is IPS which I think is the reason for the slower response time vs the TN panel on the older PG278Q with the fast 1ms time.