Fallout 4: Which option do I pick

Jerochy

Sit down boys because you're in for a riveting tale with a surprise ending,

I really don't like researching a video game too much before it comes out because I feel it kinda ruins the excitement a little bit. So I've been a moderate fan of the Fallout series and when I heard Fallout 4 was coming out, I thought I'd give it a buy. So upon leaving my GF"s house this morning, I hit up Walmart to buy it. Had 58 bucks and the rest in change. Bought it, got home, installed the disk, heard the music playing in the beginning and I was getting all kinds of hyped. The disk finished installing which seem pretty darn fast, let me tell you.

I go to play it and it's still installing. The disk is done installing. though. Upon further investigation, I realize the disk installed 5.21gb (which is pretty much what one disk can hold outside of bluray), and they want me to install 19GB OF THE GAME.

To a normal person, this isn't so bad. To a normal person, they have about 5-10mbps down or so. My download speed is 120kbps. So this game is gonna take till probably friday or saturday to install and not to mention when it is installing, I can't play any online games because my ping shoots through the roof.

So here are my options:

1. Just bite the bullet and install every night for the next week and cry.

2. Bring my computer to McDonalds and install.

3. Bring my computer to my college, find a steam proxy as they have steam blocked, but I can get 70mbps there.

QQ

Bring your PC to your college.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

I can just imagine it now...

funny-picture-mcdonalds-computer-do-what

But srsly, i'd take it to college.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

My school (luckily) never blocked steam properly. I found that if you try login to steam or start a download at school it would not work. but if you start the download and login at home and then take it to school without properly pausing / closing the download, it'd keep downloading at my school's internet speed -- OVER WIFI at about 60mbps.

Needless to say almost my whole steam library is thanks to my school.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.