USB power timer?

bla365

Hi everyone,

I am new to the forum, so I don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but if not maybe an admin can move the thread.

I was wondering if there was such a thing as  a USB power timer. 

Like something that turns USB power on for 1 second, off for 1 second, on for 1 second... you get the idea.

So if this exists could someone please link me something?

P.S. I know you could probably try to make something like this yourself, but I'm looking for something that's easy to set up.

Power is directed by the chipset on the motherboard. You can make a program that modifies the Serial ports to do this, but USB no.

555-1Hz-pulse-generator.png

Just wondering what are you planning to use this for?

Why would you WANT this? O.o

So I can modify my static LED strips from antec to flash.

I thought you wanted to toggle power to your computer once every second. This makes more sense.

Tip to those that are new on LTT forum- quote a post so that the person you are quoting gets a notification, otherwise they'll have no idea that you did. You can also use a tag such as @Ryoutarou97 (replace my username with anyone's. You should get a dropdown after you type the "@")to send a notification, but quoting is preferable.

Feel free to PM me about absolutely anything be it tech, math, literature, etc. I'll try my best to help. I'm currently looking for a cheap used build for around $25 to set up as a home server if anyone is selling.

If you are a native speaker please use proper English if you can. Punctuation, capitalization, and spelling are as important to making your message readable as proper night theme formatting is.

My build is fully operational, but won't be posted until after I get a GPU in it and the case arted up.

Ok, that gives some context but as for a USB timer type thing I don't think that exists, I know there are 12V LED strips which do have that capability with a small dedicated inline controller but other than that not much more.

Someone correct me if I am wrong; I haven't done much work with Arduino boards. I believe there should be a way to program a simple program for an Arduino board that would cycle the power every second.