Please help me....

Nkwleroux12

I have a problem with my computer. I wanted to change couple settings on windows 10 but the end result..... Well all i have to say is that i f*cked up!

I cant access my c drive (nor my other hard drives), cant access the control panel, cant access settings..... My computer is basically a brick. The only thing i can access is the run command and that is it.

Is anyone able to help me because my computer is not only a brick, its a 5000$+ brick and i really like the computer.... Please help me!

I have a problem with my computer. I wanted to change couple settings on windows 10 but the end result..... Well all i have to say is that i f*cked up!

I cant access my c drive (nor my other hard drives), cant access the control panel, cant access settings..... My computer is basically a brick. The only thing i can access is the run command and that is it.

Is anyone able to help me because my computer is not only a brick, its a 5000$+ brick and i really like the computer.... Please help me!

system restore

RIG #14670k @4.4 / 1.25v vcore. @ 4.5 / 1.3v vcore/ 1.95v vccin. MSI GAMING 4G GTX 970 @1540/3700 1.275v BIOS MOD. 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage RAM 2400mhz. MSI GAMING 5 Z97 MOBOFractal Design Define S. Dark Rock Pro 3. 850 EVO 250GB Seasonic M12II 620w
RIG #2: 4790k @ 4.6 / 1.25v vcore. EVGA SC ACX 2.0 980 SLI16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz. Asus MAXIMUS VII Hero Z97. Fractal Design Define R5. NH D15. 850 EVO 250GB AX 860

Idk what the fuck you did xD

But don't most motherboards have a reset button? Try that, boot into bios; perhaps there's an option to clean the hdd/sdd?

The only bios I've had the pleasure of working on is the Dell XPS 410 so....

Shipping sucks

If you have a spare HDD, try removing your current drive and installing Windows on the new one. then you'll know if it's windows or something else that's messed up.

EDIT: 

Try this first!

Idk what the fuck you did xD

But don't most motherboards have a reset button? Try that, boot into bios; perhaps there's an option to clean the hdd/sdd?

The only bios I've had the pleasure of working on is the Dell XPS 410 so....

you could try reinstalling windows

First things first, you have access to the run command.... Open up a command prompt from that and type in "sfc /scannow". If it finds corruption it will find and fix it. Note that you may need to run it a few times (after restarts) to fix all the issues.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

can u get into control panel?

because settings and CP are different.

Current Build : 

CASE: Fractal Design R4 w/Window CPU: Intel 4930K,  RAM: 16GB Ripjaws Z 2133Mhz  Cooling: H100i  MotherBoard: Asus P9x79 Pro , PSU: CS750M   Storage: 2x Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb , 1Tb Seagate Barracuda, 500GB WD Black,  Graphics: Gigabyte GTX 780 Windforce 3GB,  Monitors: AOC G2460PG ( G sync monitor), Edge10 24" 1080p , 24" 1680*1020p monitor ( LCD)  Microphone: Blue Yeti  Keyboard: Cougar 700k  Phone: Samsung Note 3  Headphones: Sennheiser HD598

Laptop:

CPU: 
4710MQ  Ram: 8GB 1600MHz Storage:120Gb 840 Evo + 1Tb 5400Rpm HDD  Graphics: GTX 850M 2GB   Screen: 1080p IPS  

@Everyone who tells the OP to reinstall Windows - agreed, just nuke it from the orbit, it's the only way to be sure. Also, if one has zero knowledge of Windows, then trying to repair it will only cause more damage. 

@Everyone who tells him to go to BIOS and so on - yeah, great. Dude just destroyed his Windows install, and let's be honest, it's pretty hard to do so without any malware, especially by changing settings only, up to the point he can't access his own drives. Go ahead, send him to BIOS, literally nothing bad can happen...

If you can reinstall Windows by yourself, just do it. If you can't - ask one of your friends. If you told us which settings did you change and what apps did you use, perhaps we'd be able to tell you what's wrong. But since you provide zero information about what you did, reinstalling it from scratch is the only way to be sure. 

First things first, you have access to the run command.... Open up a command prompt from that and type in "sfc /scannow". If it finds corruption it will find and fix it. Note that you may need to run it a few times (after restarts) to fix all the issues.

First of all, you need elevated command prompt to run sfc /scannow, and getting elevated command prompt from standard command prompt/run command is kinda tricky by itself (unless you use windosu, then you can simply do sudo cmd. ;) )

Second of all, if the system is really FUBAR'd, reinstalling it/resetting it to factory defaults will be faster, bulletproof and will undo everything OP did. And we don't know what it was. 

First off when asking for assistance post your system specs.

Second describe what you did to "brick" your machine.

Third do a total re-install of window. 

We as the forum cannot provide assistance without information to work off of.

Lastly welcome to the LTT Forum. Be sure to follow your posts.  :)

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER