laptop for architecture student

ankithreddy

best laptop recommended for architecture softwares like 3ds max, autocad, sketch up, PS,and lumion....budget( 2000$-2500$)----preffered brands -

MSI

AORUS X 7 PRO

INDIA

any reason it has to be a laptop and id wait a bit for laptops because soon laptops will have 980's in them

"God created war so that Americans would learn geography"

for what he's using he should get a quadro...

in a laptop *slow clap*

edit : there are laptop quaddros but a 980 would be better 

"God created war so that Americans would learn geography"

http://www.amazon.com/MSI-WT72-2OM-1047-9S7-178132-1047-17-3-Inch/dp/B00UK4DXYG

best laptop recommended for architecture softwares like 3ds max, autocad, sketch up, PS,and lumion....budget( 2000$-2500$)----preffered brands -

MSI

AORUS X 7 PRO

INDIA

http://www.amazon.com/MSI-WT72-2OM-1047-9S7-178132-1047-17-3-Inch/dp/B00UK4DXYG this should do the job :)

Terrible choice imo, yes precision is all important, but what a student needs more than that is portability and battery life.

Also his budget is so high, the quaddro in the laptop you suggested is 1/3 the cuda of a gtx 980m, not very worth it in my opinion.

Also, he is not a professional, he is a student. A student do other things than just CAD in his years of study, a play safe option would be a gaming GPU. 

-EDIT-

Trying to get this out because regretting later is a tad bit too late.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B015XBK5NM/ref=s9_acsd_bw_wf_a_intelbew_cdl_2?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-top-3&pf_rd_r=1JY7W17K3FM16BVASXD6&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=2267957862&pf_rd_i=10984223011

This nitro has a very good CPU.

1 TB HDD. 256GB SSD.

GTX960m 4GB version, redundant but useful. 4GBs of RAM means your laptop will play future game titles better.(Up to you to decide.)

1080p Screen which i can vouch for you is awesome.(My friend has this laptop, but 5th Gen Intel CPU)

Battery life of a 6th Gen, preloaded with windows 10.

Trackpad is medium grade, not glass.

Save the rest of your money for something else :D. This option is more than you need.

i also work on heavy  renders so iam expecting a heavy load machine........the problem with quadro cards is that lumion dosent support the quadro cards i mean the  prize to performance ratio for a quadro is really low............so i am very keen on gtx cards........yes i  understand gtx 980 is a very gud option but time is also a problem  hence iam also fine with the aurox x7 pro g-sync but iam worried  about the  service support in India can anyone give me details abt the service support