Network Issue (?)

Demonhax

Hello.

So. Last week when i played Cs:Go and was in teamspeak i had a ping of about 60-80. Now thats not the best i know. but its ok, and i didn't have any issue playing with this ping. 

But this week i suddently get about 150-300Ms on Cs:go and 200-300ms on teamspeak.

I've tried turning all programs that can use any network off. and im only running Cs and Teamspeak. 

I've turned off my wifi on my phone.

Any one able to help me? Why is my internett so slow this week and not the last?
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4800704798

Hello.

So. Last week when i played Cs:Go and was in teamspeak i had a ping of about 60-80. Now thats not the best i know. but its ok, and i didn't have any issue playing with this ping. 

But this week i suddently get about 150-300Ms on Cs:go and 200-300ms on teamspeak.

I've tried turning all programs that can use any network off. and im only running Cs and Teamspeak. 

Any one able to help me? Why is my internett so slow this week and not the last?

Could be from a number of factors, could be an issue with your router, or an issue with your Internet Service Provider. Contact your Internet Service Provider to see if they can run diagnostics on the internet service in your area. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Hello.

I work for an ISP, so let me tell you first to PLEASE troubleshoot your connection inside your house first. I am not saying its not their fault but it truly helps. So lets do the basics

• Restart your router
  • Restart your modem (if you have one)
  • Ensure your connected with a good Cat5 or better wire
  • Check your PING times to places like google or your ISP router if they allow it
  • Be sure your not dropping packets
  • Restart your PC (which im sure you have done)

After that check to be sure the line is good to your router and then call the company. It could be as simple as a virus, driver issue, or router restart to fix the issue!

Intel Core i7-6700k | 2 X Gigabyte 4GB GTX 970 Overclocked Edition | 16GB (4X4GB) DDR4 2133MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum | MasterCase Pro 5

ASUS Z170 Deluxe Motherboard | 256GB Samsung 840 Pro + Seagate 2TB Storage | Corsair Hydro H80i GT | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | Corsair HX850i

I work for an ISP, so let me tell you first to PLEASE troubleshoot your connection inside your house first. I am not saying its not their fault but it truly helps. So lets do the basics

• Restart your router
  • Restart your modem (if you have one)
  • Ensure your connected with a good Cat5 or better wire
  • Check your PING times to places like google or your ISP router if they allow it
  • Be sure your not dropping packets
  • Restart your PC (which im sure you have done)

After that check to be sure the line is good to your router and then call the company. It could be as simple as a virus, driver issue, or router restart to fix the issue!

I've restarted my router

The modem is not here so i can't really do anything about that.

i use a cat5 wire 

Ping statistics for 193.90.147.91:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 26ms, Maximum = 50ms, Average = 32ms
Thats for Google.
And yeah, i've restarted it. 
I can't call the Company that delivers the internet cause i dont have any info to give them really. im just renting this appartment from my job so. 

I've restarted my router

The modem is not here so i can't really do anything about that.

i use a cat5 wire 

Ping statistics for 193.90.147.91:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 26ms, Maximum = 50ms, Average = 32ms
Thats for Google.
And yeah, i've restarted it. 
I can't call the Company that delivers the internet cause i dont have any info to give them really. im just renting this appartment from my job so. 

Hmm well it all seems to be in order. I wonder if you just got some shitty CS:GO servers? 

Intel Core i7-6700k | 2 X Gigabyte 4GB GTX 970 Overclocked Edition | 16GB (4X4GB) DDR4 2133MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum | MasterCase Pro 5

ASUS Z170 Deluxe Motherboard | 256GB Samsung 840 Pro + Seagate 2TB Storage | Corsair Hydro H80i GT | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | Corsair HX850i

Hmm well it all seems to be in order. I wonder if you just got some shitty CS:GO servers? 

Now i have about 50ping on csgo. But yesterday i had like 300 all day. on Teamspeak and Csgo. so i just wonder why is the ping changing so much from one day to another. 

Edit: got like 150 again 

Now i have about 50ping on csgo. But yesterday i had like 300 all day. on Teamspeak and Csgo. so i just wonder why is the ping changing so much from one day to another. 

Edit: got like 150 again 

So its rather intermittent. Do you have another PC you can test TS on and see if your getting bad ping times on that pc?

How is your network setup?  You said that you don't have access to the modem, but you usually can remote into the modem and see the signal levels and such.  The internal pages on some are 192.168.0.1

Your upload speed looks pretty slow, and i was having the same issues at my apartment (which includes internet).  I called the provider up and they were able to upgrade my speed at normal price.

CPU: AMD FX-6100 3.3GHz 6-Core OEM/Tray Processor + Antec Kuhler H2O 620 Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth 990FX ATX AM3+ Motherboard Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory
Storage: Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive + Western Digital Caviar Green 500GB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive & Seagate Barracuda 750GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 960 2GB Video Card Case: Rosewill THOR V2 ATX Full Tower Case + Thermaltake TR2 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WDN4800 802.11a/b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter Monitor: Asus VK278Q 27.0" Monitor

Peripherals: Razer DeathStalker Wired Gaming Keyboard + Razer Abyssus Wired Optical Mouse Headphones: Bose SIE2i Orange Earbud Headphones + Mic: Kaxidy Stereo MIC

So its rather intermittent. Do you have another PC you can test TS on and see if your getting bad ping times on that pc?

I dont have another pc here that i can plug a cabel into. :/

How is your network setup?  You said that you don't have access to the modem, but you usually can remote into the modem and see the signal levels and such.  The internal pages on some are 192.168.0.1

Your upload speed looks pretty slow, and i was having the same issues at my apartment (which includes internet).  I called the provider up and they were able to upgrade my speed at normal price.

At here we have the internett from a thelephone line. so all i can see here in the house is a Wire from the wall to a router that dosn't have wireless. and then from that to a router with wireless too. 

At here we have the internett from a thelephone line. so all i can see here in the house is a Wire from the wall to a router that dosn't have wireless. and then from that to a router with wireless too. 

I may be wrong but the wire that has no wireless is PROBABLY the modem. You may want to reset that. It sounds like you have DSL

So you have DSL internet.  So it should be a phone line that connects to a modem + router device (i'll just call it a router).  There is most likely a filter on the phone line that has 2 spots one that says phone and another that says modem or something.  Then you should have an Ethernet cord going from your router to your computer.  DSL usually has pretty slow upload speed, so if there is any other devices that are connected to the router while you're gaming, it will most likely cause and issue.  You can try resetting the router, but it most likely wont help.  You can check out the settings inside the router by going to 192.168.1.1 in your web browser.  You might be able to see the DHCP client list which will show you whats connected to your network and you can go from there.

You can also try swapping out the phone line with a new one to see if that helps.  But, most likely its just the slow upload speed which is impacting your gaming.  You'd have to upgrade your internet service to fix the issue.

CPU: AMD FX-6100 3.3GHz 6-Core OEM/Tray Processor + Antec Kuhler H2O 620 Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth 990FX ATX AM3+ Motherboard Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory
Storage: Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive + Western Digital Caviar Green 500GB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive & Seagate Barracuda 750GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 960 2GB Video Card Case: Rosewill THOR V2 ATX Full Tower Case + Thermaltake TR2 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WDN4800 802.11a/b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter Monitor: Asus VK278Q 27.0" Monitor

Peripherals: Razer DeathStalker Wired Gaming Keyboard + Razer Abyssus Wired Optical Mouse Headphones: Bose SIE2i Orange Earbud Headphones + Mic: Kaxidy Stereo MIC

I may be wrong but the wire that has no wireless is PROBABLY the modem. You may want to reset that. It sounds like you have DSL

I have resettet it onces.

I have resettet it onces.

Do you know what speeds you have? If you do not have good phone lines going to your ISP that could cause the issue.

So you have DSL internet.  So it should be a phone line that connects to a modem + router device (i'll just call it a router).  There is most likely a filter on the phone line that has 2 spots one that says phone and another that says modem or something.  Then you should have an Ethernet cord going from your router to your computer.  DSL usually has pretty slow upload speed, so if there is any other devices that are connected to the router while you're gaming, it will most likely cause and issue.  You can try resetting the router, but it most likely wont help.  You can check out the settings inside the router by going to 192.168.1.1 in your web browser.  You might be able to see the DHCP client list which will show you whats connected to your network and you can go from there.

You can also try swapping out the phone line with a new one to see if that helps.  But, most likely its just the slow upload speed which is impacting your gaming.  You'd have to upgrade your internet service to fix the issue.

Yeah, its exactly like that. and nothing's helping so u are probebly right about me having to upgrade my internett. 

However. i can't seems to get into 192.168.1.1

I dont know the speed im suppost to have, but here's what i get on Speedtest http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4806724486

Your upload speed is terrible. That is going to be the issues almost definitely. 

Your upload speed is terrible. That is going to be the issues almost definitely. 

But is upload so important for playing games? Isn't that mainly for streaming for example?

But is upload so important for playing games? Isn't that mainly for streaming for example?

Its more important than you think. You need to upload your position to the servers and any inputs you make. Downloading is important to see the other players movements, the map and other things. Upload isn't AS important as Download but it is very important to gaming online.

Its more important than you think. You need to upload your position to the servers and any inputs you make. Downloading is important to see the other players movements, the map and other things. Upload isn't AS important as Download but it is very important to gaming online.

Oh, okei. Thanks for the help tho! :D I guess i need to upgrade then

Oh, okei. Thanks for the help tho! :D I guess i need to upgrade then

No problem. Thats what we are here for!

Yeah i would upgrade your internet. Its honestly just your Upload. Have your ISP tell you the speeds you are supposed to be getting. They are required to be within 80% of that mark. Dont quote me on that but there is a law.