Installing Issues?!

NetifxSixteen

So card came today, i used Guru3d thing removed the old drivers.

I wanted to ask you guys 2 things.

To plug in the power to gpu i used 2 seperate 6pin connectors (different cables from psu got a 550w one)

and second, i think the front clip of the pci express didnt attach very well, should i be worried? (might be my idea) Although i havent had any issues the 30min the card is on, am gonna try to strees it out a little bit and come back to you.

So card came today, i used Guru3d thing removed the old drivers.

I wanted to ask you guys 2 things.

To plug in the power to gpu i used 2 seperate 6pin connectors (different cables from psu got a 550w one)

and second, i think the front clip of the pci express didnt attach very well, should i be worried? (might be my idea) Although i havent had any issues the 30min the card is on, am gonna try to strees it out a little bit and come back to you.

yeah for the pcie cables you need a little force especially if the card is new

Desktop Build Log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/486571-custom-wooden-case-with-lighting/#entry6529892

thinkpad l450, i5-5200u, 8gb ram, 1080p ips, 250gb samsung ssd, fingerprint reader, 72wh battery <3, mx master, motorola lapdock as secound screen

Please quote if you want me to respond and marking as solved is always appreciated.

yeah for the pcie cables you need a little force especially if the card is new

was talking about Pci-express port on motherboard

was talking about Pci-express port on motherboard

oh ok. well if the gpu works your fine

Desktop Build Log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/486571-custom-wooden-case-with-lighting/#entry6529892

thinkpad l450, i5-5200u, 8gb ram, 1080p ips, 250gb samsung ssd, fingerprint reader, 72wh battery <3, mx master, motorola lapdock as secound screen

Please quote if you want me to respond and marking as solved is always appreciated.

Check if the security lock is right placed(take a photo for seeing your issue)

Check if the security lock is right placed(take a photo for seeing your issue)

Motherboard id really-really old, that lock i believe it to be broken

oh ok. well if the gpu works your fine

Am guessing if i had any problems, they would be screen related right? cause the adaptor wouldnt do "good" contact.

jep. there would be no image and if you connect your monitor to the mobo it wouldn't show the gpu in the devices list

jep. there would be no image and if you connect your monitor to the mobo it wouldn't show the gpu in the devices list

Thats what i thought, thanks boys!