Peripherals not usable in Windows 7 setup

Lamb

I am trying to set up Windows 7 on my computer, and my peripherals are not usable in setup, which makes me not able to complete setup. I have tried plugging them into USB 3.0 and 2.0 ports, but they do not work. I have tried using different peripherals. What should I do?

(My peripherals are a SteelSeries Sensei and a Corsair K70)

CPU: RYZEN 5 2600   Motherboard: MSI B450I GAMING PLUS AC   Memory: CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 16GB 3200MHZ   Storage: TEAM GROUP MP33 1TB

GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW   Case: COOLER MASTER NR200P   PSU: CORSAIR SF600   Mouse: G PRO WIRELESS   Keyboard: ANNE PRO 2

could you please describe the problem a bit better?

Do they require drivers to use?

| i5-4670k @ 4.2Ghz | Corsair H100i | Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB | ASUS Geforce GTX 770 |

| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD Black 1TB | Corsair AX760 | Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/ Window | Corsair AF140 x2 |

| Windows 8.1 | ASUS 23" 1080p monitor | CM Storm Quickfire Stealth- MX Blue | Logitech G9x | Logitech G930 |

Are your bios set to have full USB support? I know that Corsair keyboards had some detection problems on some motherboards. You migh need to use a PS/2 keyboard and mouse if everything fails

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

I don't really know how to explain the problem any better. I will try looking into the BIOS though.

CPU: RYZEN 5 2600   Motherboard: MSI B450I GAMING PLUS AC   Memory: CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 16GB 3200MHZ   Storage: TEAM GROUP MP33 1TB

GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW   Case: COOLER MASTER NR200P   PSU: CORSAIR SF600   Mouse: G PRO WIRELESS   Keyboard: ANNE PRO 2

Make sure you plug peripherals directly into the back of the motherboard using either USB2.0 slots or PS/2 ports.

Are the ports you're using the ones at the top of the board? Assuming you're on a desktop.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Are the ports you're using the ones at the top of the board? Assuming you're on a desktop.

No? Should I be using those ports?

Are your bios set to have full USB support? I know that Corsair keyboards had some detection problems on some motherboards. You migh need to use a PS/2 keyboard and mouse if everything fails

I am using full USB support, and I don't have anything that uses PS/2.

No? Should I be using those ports?

You should make sure that the USB ports you are using are running off the Intel chipset and not a third-party chipset.

That is weird.  I did have a problem where MS dl a driver for my keyboard or something and I had to delete it and let it reinstall and now it works fine.  You plug them into every usb 2.0 you have?  Also usb 3.0 will not work on 7 unless you have it updated.

You should make sure that the USB ports you are using are running off the Intel chipset and not a third-party chipset.

How can I tell which ports are running off what chipset?

How can I tell which ports are running off what chipset?

Usually the top one are Intel ports, but I guess trial and error is the best way to tell.

Usually the top one are Intel ports, but I guess trial and error is the best way to tell.

By the way, my motherboard does not have PS/2 ports... :(

I tried my mouse in every USB 2.0 port. It still didn't work.

By the way, my motherboard does not have PS/2 ports... :(

which motherboard are you using and have you updated to the latest bios?

which motherboard are you using and have you updated to the latest bios?

Maximus VI Gene. I'm not sure if I am using the latest bios. Sorry. :/ How can I update it? (I feel like a major noob...)

Maximus VI Gene. I'm not sure if I am using the latest bios. Sorry. :/ How can I update it? (I feel like a major noob...)

You go the Asus download page and download the latest bios. You put the content of the .zip file onto a USB flashdrive and then you reboot with the flashdrive still plugged in. When you are restarted you go into the bios and in there should be a program called "EZ Update" that you use to flash the bios. Please be patient with this process, because if you terminet it before time the board can be bricked.   

You go the Asus download page and download the latest bios. You put the content of the .zip file onto a USB flashdrive and then you reboot with the flashdrive still plugged in. When you are restarted you go into the bios and in there should be a program called "EZ Update" that you use to flash the bios. Please be patient with this process, because if you terminet it before time the board can be bricked.   

Do I extract the folder? Or just put the contents on the drive?

Do I extract the folder? Or just put the contents on the drive?

You put the files that are in the zip file onto the flash drive

Does it matter if other files are on the drive?

Does it matter if other files are on the drive?

Not really. I have a dedicated drive for these sort of things, but aslong as there aren't any other bios files you will be fine. Also remember to put the file in the root and not in a folder

Image integrity check failed.

What do I do?

Image integrity check failed.

What do I do?

I thought Asus had removed this fault in their bios'. Did you check if the bios that you downloaded is newer than the bios that is on the board? 

I thought Asus had removed this fault in their bios'. Did you check if the bios that you downloaded is newer than the bios that is on the board? 

Yes. I found another version on the Asus website. I will check if this one works.