Skylake?

Pandacake
Go to solution Solved by Streetguru,

Thanks, he will let me know about it.

Can you tell me what is the most important components for recording gameplay? I believe it's the CPU and the storage, correct me if i'm wrong.

CPU mostly, but there's a number of things you can do for GPU accelerated capture to lessen the load on the CPU like using DXtory with Open Broadcaster

Otherwise unless you're trying to capture some raw 4k footage or something crazy you can just record straight to any old hard drive

Bandicam is a pretty solid software that I use, but that's for non streaming capture, you also gotta go through the back alley to get it free or pay 40 bucks

1. Budget & Location
I live in Europe, and my friend's budget is around 2k euro. ( Inclusive : Monitor, Desk, etc. )

2. Aim
The system will be used for Gaming, Streaming, Recording, and Editing. He started a youtube channel 2 years ago, and he is looking for an upgrade.

3. Monitors
He plays CSGO, so he wanted the 144hz, and he will also editing so he wants an IPS panel as well. But MOSTLY recording, and just a bit streaming.

4. Peripherals
none.

5. Why are you upgrading?
Because his older PC is outdated. It is not keeping up with all the softwares and games he uses. Also he needs a bigger desk.

Here is some part list i have suggested for him.

CPU: i5 6600K Skylake
Motherboard: Asus Z170 PRO
Ram: Kingston HyperX Savage Black HX426C13SBK2/8
GPU: MSI R9 390
PSU: CM V550 Semi-Modular
HDD/SSD:  Samsung 500GB Evo SSD
CPU-Cooler:  Scythe Mugen 4
Case:  Fractal Design Define S
Monitor:  Asus MG279Q

Is Skylake really worth it?
Yeah, i think i need to change most of em. Let me know what you think.

thanks.

M8 please use https://pcpartpicker.com/ next time but the jump to skylake is worth it if you want more future proofing and if you are using newer instruction-sets with video editing or rendering as skylake does better with new instructions sets. It is not too worth it but if your budget fits, you should get it.

My i5 6500 is bad and can't even maintain 4.5ghz, and 4.4ghz causes it to slowly become unstable over weeks with a vcore of 1.395. FML

1. Budget & Locatio

If the price difference isn't much then go for skylake, otherwise save money and stick to haswell.

And an IPS 144hz panel is going to set you back a lot

Just get a Free-sync capable display and maybe pick up an IPS panel later

Or if this monitor is avalible in your region get it, it's VA so it's in the middle of IPS and TN, and it can do 120Hz at 1080p, in addition to free-sync

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

If the price difference isn't much then go for skylake, otherwise save money and stick to haswell.

And an IPS 144hz panel is going to set you back a lot

Just get a Free-sync capable display and maybe pick up an IPS panel later

Or if this monitor is avalible in your region get it, it's VA so it's in the middle of IPS and TN, and it can do 120Hz at 1080p, in addition to free-sync

Can you tell me what is the most important components for recording gameplay? I believe it's the CPU and the storage, correct me if i'm wrong.

CPU mostly, but there's a number of things you can do for GPU accelerated capture to lessen the load on the CPU like using DXtory with Open Broadcaster

Otherwise unless you're trying to capture some raw 4k footage or something crazy you can just record straight to any old hard drive

Bandicam is a pretty solid software that I use, but that's for non streaming capture, you also gotta go through the back alley to get it free or pay 40 bucks

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Thank you very much.