Ergonomic keyboards for programming?

Hey.

Any programmers here who have experience with ergonomic keyboards? Do they really help? I'm planning to buy the new ergonomic keyboard from Microsoft once it gets released. Just to try it out. But I would like to see what others think of it aswell.

Typing on a regular keyboard feels very unnatural for me. My shoulders become "crunched" or what ever it's called. Worth noting is that I have broad shoulders so this might be the issue.

I'm not planning to game on these keyboards, just do my everyday work without discomfort, if possible. Positive thing is that the new Microsoft keyboard is wireless, so I can easily put it away when I'm done with it.

Oh, and I'm currently using a Ducky Shine 2 with MX Blue switches.

So, worth trying out or not? Should I get the Ergonomic 4000 keyboard first since it's cheaper and try out the layout first?

EDIT: Sigh... I have a mechanical keyboard already with a wristrest. I'm using (as stated above) the Ducky Shine 2 and a wristrest, the one from Ducky aswell.

| GPU: GT 650M | CPU: i5-3210M | Excuse my language, sometimes I can be pretty vulgar.

it might feel weird at first

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

it might feel weird at first

Obviously. I'm prepared to go through the learning process of it all.

Question is, is it worth it? :p

| GPU: GT 650M | CPU: i5-3210M | Excuse my language, sometimes I can be pretty vulgar.

Obviously. I'm prepared to go through the learning process of it all.

Question is, is it worth it? :P

I wont think so, just buy good mechanical keyboard.

I'm not a coder by any means but one of my friends is an app developer and he wont use anything other than the ergonomic 4000 even though he would way rather have a mechanical keyboard.

I wont think so, just buy good mechanical keyboard.

The Ducky Shine 2 isn't good?

O.o

It is great! :)

But it wont have that place where to put hands like G710+ have.

Well I have the Ducky keyboard aswell as the wristrest. I don't feel comfortable with regular keyboards though, so I was wondering if ergonomic keyboards would be a good alternative.

I think it would be worth investing in an ergonomic chair more than a keyboard, also, if you're still adamant about getting the keyboard, you should get a mouse to go with it. No point having an ergonomic keyboard with a regular mouse. 

Edit: After reading the replies, why are you all advising him to get a mechanical keyboard when he already has one and states he has discomfort using one?

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 @ Stock, CPU cooler: Dark Rock 4, Motherboard: MSI B450M PRO-M2 MAX, RAM: 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 @ 3000Mhz, GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 ACX 3.0, SSD: Crucial P1 1TB M.2 + 2x120GB SSDs, Case: Corsair 110R, PSU: Corsair TX650M, OS: Windows 10 64-bit.

I think it would be worth investing in an ergonomic chair more than a keyboard, also, if you're still adamant about getting the keyboard, you should get a mouse to go with it. No point having an ergonomic keyboard with a regular mouse. 

Deathadder 2013 is plenty ergonomic for me. It's about the feel, not that it is marked as a "ergonomic" keyboard. And ergonomic chairs cost stupid amounts. I wont pay $1000 USD for a chair.

I rather sit on a damn box.

Deathadder 2013 is plenty ergonomic for me. It's about the feel, not that it is marked as a "ergonomic" keyboard. And ergonomic chairs cost stupid amounts. I wont pay $1000 USD for a chair.

I rather sit on a damn box.

Not all of them are $1000, this one is about $200. 

http://www.staples.co.uk/furniture-chairs-cabinets/chairs/executive-chairs/ergo-mesh-executive-chair?price=incvat&campaign=campaign_google&utm_source=utm_source_google&utm_medium=utm_medium_google&utm_content=406047&utm_campaign=utm_campaign_google&gclid=CIPy78eyh7kCFRMRtAodKFsAow

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 @ Stock, CPU cooler: Dark Rock 4, Motherboard: MSI B450M PRO-M2 MAX, RAM: 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 @ 3000Mhz, GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 ACX 3.0, SSD: Crucial P1 1TB M.2 + 2x120GB SSDs, Case: Corsair 110R, PSU: Corsair TX650M, OS: Windows 10 64-bit.

Anyways I would recommend the Logitech k350

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

Anyways I would recommend the Logitech k350

I used K350 before getting a mechanical and it is an awesome ergonomic board. Wish I could have it with mechanical keys.

Get a good quality mech keyboard or invest in a cheaper keyboard like the Unicomp Model M keyboards which are 129 only. They are the company that got the keyboard design rights from IBM, the ones that brought you the famous buckling spring IBM Model M keyboards :)

I'm going to try sell my Ducky Shine 2 with MX blues and get a Filco Tenkeyless with MX reds instead. Doesn't seem like ergonomic keyboards are worth it.