No optical drive

elert

Hey Guys 

Im building my first pc and have apparently selected a pc case with slot for an optical drive, gg  -.- Because I bought my windows 10 as a cd, and also ofcourse have the software for the pc components.

I do have an old optical drive, from my old pc I could take out. Can I then just plug that into the MOBO, and have it laying on the ground next to the computer whilest I install what I need to install? And then afterwards remove it again? Thanks alot :) Sorry for noobness :D 

Yes you can. I do the same.  :)

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

I think its just a normal SATA. Great, thanks alot guys! 

Alittle stupid though :D 

Yes you can do that, alternatively you can do what i do as my pc nor my laptop have a optical drive cause personally i find them obsolete but necessary sometimes. Go buy a usb 3.0 external dvd drive. I use mine for burning copied movies to give to friends.

You could just download the iso onto a usb and install from that, then enter the product key that came with the cd?

Main PC : CPU: I7 6700k @ 4.7GHz MOBO: Asus Maximus Hero VII RAM: 32GB Crucial 2133MHz GPU: GTX 980ti 2-Way SLI Drives: 2 850 Evo 250GB, 1 TB WD Blue CASE: 750D PSU: RM1000W

Yes you can do that, alternatively you can do what i do as my pc nor my laptop have a optical drive cause personally i find them obsolete but necessary sometimes. Go buy a usb 3.0 external dvd drive. I use mine for burning copied movies to give to friends.

good idea thanks :D