Project scrapyard: Alive but need help

Quinten Verhelst

So i've got project scrapyard working ()%C2'>

So now im up with a pentium 4 (3.00 GHz) and 2 GB ddr2 memory.

Its running a crappy xp build so i want to upgrade to 8 or 7 or a clean xp install.

The problem is that it does not want to boot from usb even with only usb boot enabled (Postcode 5a).

The fan is way to loud and I think the mobo uses cpu usage instead of temps to control the fan (120 nm production process)

So what shouldI use It for and how can I get a clean install (I have a windows 8 cd but its 64 bit instead of 32)

Thanks In advance

drop linux on it. (something KDE, XFCE or LXDE depending on how much of a toaster your graphics solution is)

i'm gonna say tho, if you have a 32-bit P4... dont expect anything decent out of it. i have one of those, and whenever i do something floating point intensive it just freezes.

as for installing: get a CD or DVD drive and slap it in temporary.

drop linux on it. (something KDE, XFCE or LXDE depending on how much of a toaster your graphics solution is)

i'm gonna say tho, if you have a 32-bit P4... dont expect anything decent out of it. i have one of those, and whenever i do something floating point intensive it just freezes.

as for installing: get a CD or DVD drive and slap it in temporary.

I recongize the freezing :lol:

I recongize the freezing :lol:

yeah... the fact mine is a DTX form factor (smaller than linus' insane compact nas) isnt helping either :/