LED on/off USB controller

Caeradwyn
Go to solution Solved by W-L,

I wanna mount some simple molex powered white LED strips in my new build, but seeing as I don't want them to be on all the time, I'm looking for a simple on/off toggle that can be operated from within Windows. So basically I'm just after something that communicates with a simple piece of software via USB, and which can turn on/off a selection of outputs powered via molex or similar.

Does anyone know of something like this? It doesn't have to have molex of course, simple 3-pin fan-header style connectors will do just as well.

This would be overkill but something like a USB relay would work as a switch, if you have a fan controller that is also an alternative;

http://www.yoctopuce.com/EN/products/usb-actuators/yocto-powerrelay

I wanna mount some simple molex powered white LED strips in my new build, but seeing as I don't want them to be on all the time, I'm looking for a simple on/off toggle that can be operated from within Windows. So basically I'm just after something that communicates with a simple piece of software via USB, and which can turn on/off a selection of outputs powered via molex or similar.

Does anyone know of something like this? It doesn't have to have molex of course, simple 3-pin fan-header style connectors will do just as well.

This would be overkill but something like a USB relay would work as a switch, if you have a fan controller that is also an alternative;

Yeah, I've actually ended up looking at some cheap USB relays on eBay. It's not quite as elegant as I'd have liked, but ideally it'll be placed somewhere you can't see it, so it doesn't really matter. I cannot understand why nobody has made a purpose built unit like this. It would seem like an obvious thing. Then again, I guess there's more money in making something very specific (like a controller for ones own brand of RGB lights or some such) rather than making stuff that is generic/multi-purpose.

Cheers though. :)