Gaming Desktop PC Build

Kiruwagaka

Hey guys big fan of the youtube channel only now registered on the forums since i'm trying to build a new desktop gaming computer here's some information:

1.Budget and Location:

I'm willing to spend about 3000€ in the build, this does not include the peripherals, i'm from Portugal so most likely i will buy the parts over the internet.

2.Aim

Like the title says, i want a Gaming Desktop, I want to run games like Fallout 4 that's coming out early next month in a range of high to ultra settings.

3.Monitors

I currently own two 24'' 1080p monitors , one of the would be used for gaming while the other i would use to have my chats and webbrowser up while i'm gaming.

Will probably upgrade to a 4k monitor at some point in the first half of next year.

4.Peripherals

Would like advise on a gaming mouse, i have big hands and i play all type of games such as strategy, third person shooters, first person shooters etc.

The budget for the peripherals is not included on the first point, the 3000€ is entirely for the computer parts + computer case.

5.Why are you upgrading?

I'm upgrading because i stoped upgrading my desktop when i first entered uni and bought a laptop, i currently own a g51j Asus ROG laptop and it's starting to not be good enough for what i want to play.

Extra info:

NVidia pascal is coming soon so i don't think i need a last of the line gfx card so i was thinking of a gtx970 to begin with and get a pascal when i feel it needs an upgrade?

Been looking into a few parts and would like your opinions on it too if possible:

Power Supplier - http://www.corsair.com/en-us/rm-series-rm850-80-plus-gold-certified-power-supply

CPU Cooler - http://www.corsair.com/en-us/hydro-series-h80i-gt-high-performance-liquid-cpu-cooler

CPU - intel core i7-6700 3.4ghz 8mb lga1151

Motherboard - https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Z170-DELUXE/

RAM - gskill trident z 16gb ddr4 3000mhz cl15 (4x4GB or 2x8GB?)

Case - http://www.corsair.com/en-us/obsidian-series-750d-full-tower-atx-case

SSD disk - thinking of a 500gb one any opinions?

The computer would also be used for programming (Visual Studio and SQL Server stuff mostly)

I'd say sense the most intensive thing you do is gaming, get a i5 6600k and a stronger GPU.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

I'd say sense the most intensive thing you do is gaming, get a i5 6600k and a stronger GPU.

I failed to mention i'm also a programmer don't know if that would affect that opinion. Any thoughts on other components?

I failed to mention i'm also a programmer don't know if that would affect that opinion. Any thoughts on other components?

What do you program exactly? 

Pascal laptops guide

What do you program exactly? 

Mostly working with Visual Studio and SQL Server lately.

For the PSU, if you want a Corsair make sure its 'i' series like RMi or HXi or AXi

Or you could be safe and go with Seasonic. Or an EVGA GS/G2/P2. I hear those are reliable models.

For the SSD get a samsung 840 or 850 Evo should do nicely

Spoiler
Spoiler

Case Corsair Air 540 CPU AMD Ryzen 5 1600 GPU EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 SC2 iCX Motherboard Asus X370-F Memory G.Skill Flare X 16GB (2x8) 2400MHz Display Asus VG248QE Storage Samsung 960 Pro 512GB - Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD - 1TB Seagate Barracuda - 1TB WD Blue OS MS X Pro Peripherals Corsair K70 RGB Rapidfire -  Razer DeathAdder 2013

Spoiler

Case 15.4" Mid 2012 MacBook Pro CPU Intel Core i7-3720QM GPU Nvidia GT650M Memory Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600MHz Display 1680x1050 AntiGlare Display Storage 1TB 5400RPM or Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD OS OS X Yosemite (Maybe El Capitan?) - BootCamp MS X Pro Peripherals Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 -  Razer DeathAdder 2013 - Mionix Naos 7000 - Logitech K120 - Razer Tartarus Keypad

For the PSU, if you want a Corsair make sure its 'i' series like RMi or HXi or AXi

Or you could be safe and go with Seasonic. Or an EVGA GS/G2/P2. I hear those are reliable models.

For the SSD get a samsung 840 or 850 Evo should do nicely

Any explanation for the PSU choice?

It is better than the RM.

Pascal laptops guide

It is better than the RM.

Not exacly the answer i expected, why would i need a better one? what better about it? do i need the extra stuff?

Something about capacitors and reliability under load. I'm just a messenger really, I don't get paid to understand it

Spoiler
Spoiler

Case Corsair Air 540 CPU AMD Ryzen 5 1600 GPU EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 SC2 iCX Motherboard Asus X370-F Memory G.Skill Flare X 16GB (2x8) 2400MHz Display Asus VG248QE Storage Samsung 960 Pro 512GB - Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD - 1TB Seagate Barracuda - 1TB WD Blue OS MS X Pro Peripherals Corsair K70 RGB Rapidfire -  Razer DeathAdder 2013

Spoiler

Case 15.4" Mid 2012 MacBook Pro CPU Intel Core i7-3720QM GPU Nvidia GT650M Memory Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600MHz Display 1680x1050 AntiGlare Display Storage 1TB 5400RPM or Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD OS OS X Yosemite (Maybe El Capitan?) - BootCamp MS X Pro Peripherals Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 -  Razer DeathAdder 2013 - Mionix Naos 7000 - Logitech K120 - Razer Tartarus Keypad

Not exacly the answer i expected, why would i need a better one? what better about it? do i need the extra stuff?

It lasts you longer and it is more reliable.

Pascal laptops guide

For better reliability and stability.

You can check out the PSU Rankings here.

Thanks for the link very usefull :)

Any other opinions out there about other parts?