Water-cooled Corsair 350D

Hey,

So I'm pretty new to the Forum so bare with me as this is my first post! 

So I am in dire need of a new computer and want to build my own. (crazy I know right?) I want to do it right the first time and not skimp on any parts, but this would be my first time actually building a computer although I did pick the parts for my friends computer and helped him build it which turned out great.

His build:

Corsair 650D

Gigabyte Z77 Dual Thunderbolt Mobo (UP4-TH)

GTX 680

Some Antec PSU

Blu Ray drive

Crucial 256GB SSD

WD Red 3TB HDD

Some crappy CPU fan

Anyway I had the idea of doing a water-cooled 350D because I like the size of it and the looks. I also want to do some custom sleeving. I want to water cool a GTX 770 and was wondering if I would just use a GTX 680 waterblock since they both use GK 104 cores? 

So here's my parts list at the moment:

Hardware:

Intel 4770K

Intel 250GB SSD

Seagate 2TB 

Corsair Builder Series 600 Watt PSU

Gigabyte Z87 mATX Motherboard

EVGA GTX 770 SuperClocked

Corsair 350D

Water-cooling:

XSPC EX240 Rad

XSPC EX120 Rad

Swiftech Mcp655-B Pump

XSPC Compression fittings

XSPC Raystorm CPU block

IC Diamond Thermal compound

PrimoChill PrimoFlex tubing clear

Swiftech MCRES Micro Reservoir

Koolance Full coverage Waterblock for GTX 680 (?)

2X Corsair SP120 Quiet Edition Twin Pack

I would love your suggestions for coolant. Something maybe either neon green or white?

I'm also going to pick up some Ice Modz LEDs as well as sleeving.

Usage:

I will mainly be using this computer for Adobe Programs (Photoshop, Premiere Pro, After Effects) but will also be doing some gaming, and would like to game on ultra or high settings at 1920x1080. I will also be doing 3D modeling using cinema 4D and 3DS Max/Maya, so I will need some serious power. Mainly I want it to be pretty quiet and have no problems with the cooling loop.

I want to use windows 8 because it is the newest OS and will be updated the fasted. I might eventually also dual boot OSX but that is a very big maybe. As for windows 8 I was wondering if it is worth it to go with pro or just use the basic OEM version?

Conclusion:

Thanks for reading my post; any and all feedback is welcome! Hopefully all of these parts will work out because I think it will look pretty cool!

Thanks again,

~LightKnight09

I would go for a Radeon card IE: 7970 because Abobe programs will benefit from the stream processors I believe.

I would go for a Radeon card IE: 7970 because Abobe programs will benefit from the stream processors I believe.

Maybe, but they benefit from the Cuda cores as well. 3DS Max and Maya use Cuda cores as well. 

I forgot to include RAM in my initial list, and I plan on using Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB 1600 because it's only like $25 more than most RAM kits and it looks super baller!

I forgot to include RAM in my initial list, and I plan on using Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB 1600 because it's only like $25 more than most RAM kits and it looks super baller!

IK they look baller, but they are really expensive, running you about 200 USD for a 2x8GB kit. Might want to go for something a bit cheaper, like the Vengeance Pro. They don't have all the bells and whistles of the Platinum, like Corsair Link and a cool light bar, but they are pretty stylish and overclocks well, too. They will run you about 90-100 USD for the same config.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

IK they look baller, but they are really expensive, running you about 200 USD for a 2x8GB kit. Might want to go for something a bit cheaper, like the Vengeance Pro. They don't have all the bells and whistles of the Platinum, like Corsair Link and a cool light bar, but they are pretty stylish and overclocks well, too. They will run you about 90-100 USD for the same config.

I've looked into the vengeance pro, but the platinum's are like $20 more on Amazon, so I think ill go with them. I also don't think I will be overclocking my RAM right off the bat because I don't know how to... =) Thanks for the advice though!

Hey,

So I'm pretty new to the Forum so bare with me as this is my first post! 

So I am in dire need of a new computer and want to build my own. (crazy I know right?) I want to do it right the first time and not skimp on any parts, but this would be my first time actually building a computer although I did pick the parts for my friends computer and helped him build it which turned out great.

His build:

Corsair 650D

Gigabyte Z77 Dual Thunderbolt Mobo (UP4-TH)

GTX 680

Some Antec PSU

Blu Ray drive

Crucial 256GB SSD

WD Red 3TB HDD

Some crappy CPU fan

Anyway I had the idea of doing a water-cooled 350D because I like the size of it and the looks. I also want to do some custom sleeving. I want to water cool a GTX 770 and was wondering if I would just use a GTX 680 waterblock since they both use GK 104 cores? 

So here's my parts list at the moment:

Hardware:

Intel 4770K

Intel 250GB SSD

Seagate 2TB 

Corsair Builder Series 600 Watt PSU

Gigabyte Z87 mATX Motherboard

EVGA GTX 770 SuperClocked

Corsair 350D

Water-cooling:

XSPC EX240 Rad

XSPC EX120 Rad

Swiftech Mcp655-B Pump

XSPC Compression fittings

XSPC Raystorm CPU block

IC Diamond Thermal compound

PrimoChill PrimoFlex tubing clear

Swiftech MCRES Micro Reservoir

Koolance Full coverage Waterblock for GTX 680 (?)

2X Corsair SP120 Quiet Edition Twin Pack

I would love your suggestions for coolant. Something maybe either neon green or white?

I'm also going to pick up some Ice Modz LEDs as well as sleeving.

Usage:

I will mainly be using this computer for Adobe Programs (Photoshop, Premiere Pro, After Effects) but will also be doing some gaming, and would like to game on ultra or high settings at 1920x1080. I will also be doing 3D modeling using cinema 4D and 3DS Max/Maya, so I will need some serious power. Mainly I want it to be pretty quiet and have no problems with the cooling loop.

I want to use windows 8 because it is the newest OS and will be updated the fasted. I might eventually also dual boot OSX but that is a very big maybe. As for windows 8 I was wondering if it is worth it to go with pro or just use the basic OEM version?

Conclusion:

Thanks for reading my post; any and all feedback is welcome! Hopefully all of these parts will work out because I think it will look pretty cool!

Thanks again,

~LightKnight09

Is the GPU block for the 680 compatible with your 770?  Keep in mind that not all cards are alike.  Companies like Koolance, XSPC, and others often make full-cover blcoks but their mostly for the reference design cards.  Just make sure that they are compatible.

As for coolant, it really comes down to preference.  Mayhems Pastel coolant gets very good reviews but don't use their aurora dyes.  Those are meant to only be used for a short time and will gunk up your system if used for any length of time other than just for show.  Personally, I think using colored tubing with distilled water is a much better and safer solution.  And since you've chosen a small res, you won't have to worry about anyone seeling the coolant anyways.

The only differences between W8 and W8Pro are BitLocker/BitLocker To Go, remote desktop functions, and additional network functionality.  W7 had a much more diverse product and feature line up.  Personally, I went with W8Pro for the remote desktop features but unless you need any of the additional features, you'll be fine with just W8.

"The doctors X-rayed my head and found nothing."  - Dizzy Dean

i7-4770K, ASUS Z87 Gryphon, EVGA GTX 780 Ti, 16 GB Kingston Fury RAM, Crucial M500 240 GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Seasonic 760W PSU, Asus BD, Phanteks Evlolv mATX (Gunmetal).

Is the GPU block for the 680 compatible with your 770?  Keep in mind that not all cards are alike.  Companies like Koolance, XSPC, and others often make full-cover blcoks but their mostly for the reference design cards.  Just make sure that they are compatible.

As for coolant, it really comes down to preference.  Mayhems Pastel coolant gets very good reviews but don't use their aurora dyes.  Those are meant to only be used for a short time and will gunk up your system if used for any length of time other than just for show.  Personally, I think using colored tubing with distilled water is a much better and safer solution.  And since you've chosen a small res, you won't have to worry about anyone seeling the coolant anyways.

The only differences between W8 and W8Pro are BitLocker/BitLocker To Go, remote desktop functions, and additional network functionality.  W7 had a much more diverse product and feature line up.  Personally, I went with W8Pro for the remote desktop features but unless you need any of the additional features, you'll be fine with just W8.

Cool Thanks!

I think I'll go with colored tubing and just distilled water as you and Linus suggested. And I'll go with W8Pro and a waterblock meant for the 770!

Thanks

LightKnight09