Hard drive upgrades?

Youd have to move everything over which would be kinda a pain.. I would just go with a 4tb black and call it a day like i did :P the price difference isnt that much different and youll be set for a VERY LONG TIME. 

TX10 Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/456229-tx10-build-log/

Case: TX10-D   Proccessor: i7-5820k   MotherBoard: Asrockx99 Extreme4   Ram: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (DDR4-2400)   GPU: Asus Strix OC 980ti   Storage: 850pro 500gb, 850pro 500gb, 850pro 256gb, WD black 16tb total, Silicon Power S60 120GB   PSU: Seasonic snow silent 1050   Monitors: Three of Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0"

You buy a 2nd hard drive and put it in your system. Don't migrate windows over to it, just run 2 drives like a boss and call it a day.

Looking over your build, I see that you already have 2 drives, so i wish to re-phrase the earlier sentence to read "run 3 drives like an even bigger boss"

When in doubt, re-format.

If I needed to could I upgrade a 1TB to a 2TB HDD if I wanted to in the future? If I can how would I go about doing so? All help is appreciated, thank you. 

My Build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2tn2yc

Hey there Hydrogen1803,

You can upgrade as soon as you feel like it. You can either add other storage drives (HDDs, SSDs, Dual drives or SSHDs) and keep everything on your current one, or you can swap your current one with a new one (or more than one) and all you have to do is either to do a fresh install of the OS and applications and then transfer the rest of the data or simply clone your old drive onto the new one. :)
I would recommend getting a SSD for your OS and most demanding applications, keep your WD Blue for massive storage and simply add another drive whenever you need more storage space and use all the drives. Your motherboard has 6 SATA ports which means 5 storage drives plus your optical drive. :)

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/ 

:P  Optical drive?  What's that?   :P

Hey there Hydrogen1803,

You can upgrade as soon as you feel like it. You can either add other storage drives (HDDs, SSDs, Dual drives or SSHDs) and keep everything on your current one, or you can swap your current one with a new one (or more than one) and all you have to do is either to do a fresh install of the OS and applications and then transfer the rest of the data or simply clone your old drive onto the new one. :)
I would recommend getting a SSD for your OS and most demanding applications, keep your WD Blue for massive storage and simply add another drive whenever you need more storage space and use all the drives. Your motherboard has 6 SATA ports which means 5 storage drives plus your optical drive. :)

Captain_WD.

:P  Optical drive?  What's that?   :P

The optical drive is where you put your CD/DVD/Blue Ray disks and use them :) OP has theirs listed in the provided link. Optical drives are connected to a SATA port in order to work. :)

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^

I know what an optical drive is silly...  I was yankin' 'yer chain.  The only system left in my house, that still contains an optical drive (in this case, a DVD-RW) is my 4 year old laptop, and that thing is rarely out of its backpack. :)

The optical drive is where you put your CD/DVD/Blue Ray disks and use them :) OP has theirs listed in the provided link. Optical drives are connected to a SATA port in order to work. :)

Captain_WD.

I know what an optical drive is silly...  I was yankin' 'yer chain.  The only system left in my house, that still contains an optical drive (in this case, a DVD-RW) is my 4 year old laptop, and that thing is rarely out of its backpack. :)

I've heard people call them "Automatic Cup Holders" and are happy to see it come out of their PC and use it solely for that purpose. :)