Suggestions for headphones for mobile use

Rollergold

Been using a pair Astro A30's for gaming and use on my music player (iPhone 4S) and the length of the cable (9ft) + the fact it likes to slide off of my head when I tilt my head down makes it non ideal for outside use. So I'm looking for a set of cans that has:

• Good balanced sound quality,
  • comfort w/ glasses,
  • an inline remote + mic
  • good build quality.
  • Able to bought locally in Calgary AB is a plus.

I tired the B&W P5 and the sound and build quality are great but they press a too much against my ears for my liking. I also tried the Bose AE2i and the comfort and sound quality are great but I'm put off by all the cheap, thin and hollow? feeling plastic. So any suggestions would be great.  The files I listen too are mostly 320kbs mp3, but also have a good number of WAV and Apple lossless tracks in there too. 

Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | Memory: 32GB 3600mhz DDR4 | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 |
Storage: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb, 850 Evo 500gb, 960 Pro 1tb | Cooling: Custom Liquid Cooling Loop (CPU/GPU) | Case: CaseLabs Mercury S8+Pedestal  | Monitors: Asus ROG Swift PG279Q + PA238QR

You would do good to invest in a DAC/Amp as well. Also, do you prefer open or closed headphones? Will you be using it for commuting, and if so, what kind? Public transportation, walking, etc. All that stuff is good to know as it'll affect headphone choice.

IMHO, that's a pretty hefty budget for listening to music outside. Personally, I leave all my audiophile stuff at home, and take my Koss Portapros when I go walking somewhere. It's open, so I can hear what's around me for safety reasons, and has really great sound at a ridiculously cheap price. And a lifetime warranty, so throw it against the wall, it's cool- you can get a replacement for free (except for shipping costs, so don't do it too often). Honestly, you won't get really great audio quality while you're moving around anyways due to all the ambient noise. 

I just think that $350-400 would be better invested in upgrading or making a home audio set up, but that's just me.  :P

You would do good to invest in a DAC/Amp as well. Also, do you prefer open or closed headphones? Will you be using it for commuting, and if so, what kind? Public transportation, walking, etc. All that stuff is good to know as it'll affect headphone choice.

IMHO, that's a pretty hefty budget for listening to music outside. Personally, I leave all my audiophile stuff at home, and take my Koss Portapros when I go walking somewhere. It's open, so I can hear what's around me for safety reasons, and has really great sound at a ridiculously cheap price. And a lifetime warranty, so throw it against the wall, it's cool- you can get a replacement for free (except for shipping costs, so don't do it too often). Honestly, you won't get really great audio quality while you're moving around anyways due to all the ambient noise. 

I just think that $350-400 would be better invested in upgrading or making a home audio set up, but that's just me.  :P

I have a DAC/Amp for home use but I'm not a fan such devices for on the go use. I really don't preference for either open or closed design either I only really dislike In-Ear headphones. As for the budget I'm always willing to spend less but my birthday is about a week away so decided its ok to spend a little more just this one time :P

Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | Memory: 32GB 3600mhz DDR4 | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 |
Storage: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb, 850 Evo 500gb, 960 Pro 1tb | Cooling: Custom Liquid Cooling Loop (CPU/GPU) | Case: CaseLabs Mercury S8+Pedestal  | Monitors: Asus ROG Swift PG279Q + PA238QR

I use the Momentums for mobile use. They are astounding but expensive

Do you have a budget?

V-moda headphones are very durable, the Crossfade LP is about a hundred bucks, and the Crossfade LP2 is a bit more.

Around 300 won't spend that much if I don't have too.

Around 300 won't spend that much if I don't have too.

I've had the LP's and they're pretty good - the LP2's supposedly have more refined bass and a certain weak spot was fixed. Really solid performers.  :)

I've had the LP's and they're pretty good - the LP2's supposedly have more refined bass and a certain weak spot was fixed. Really solid performers.  :)

I was looking into the crossfade line but no one seems to sell them locally here in Calgary Alberta. For somthing like headphones I'm more inclined to buy local since if I have return or exchange somthing its much less painful and the wait to get them is less too :P  I'll keep the LP2's in mind but I'm kinda leaning towards the Momentums since they press my ears in much less when I tried them on with my glasses, can get them locally and most likey get Future Shop to price match them down from 400 to 315 since the local Apple store sells them for 350. But I'll mull it over for a little more. 

I have the Crossfade LP's. The padding is ridiculously soft, and it doesn't press up on my glasses very much- but it doesn't seal very well when I have my glasses on. My glasses have a pretty large profile, so maybe it'll be different for you- but all of my full size over ear headphones are affected by my glasses. Maybe on ear headphones would suit you better. 

My on ear recommendations would be the Vmoda m100's and Sennheiser HD 25 Amperior.