Searching for portable laptop for school and traveling, 400-900 euro's

At the moment I'm trying to figure out what I could best get as a new school and traveling laptop. 

I need it to be lightweight, somewhere between 12 and 14 inches, have a decent battery life (though that is not too important) and half-decent specs. 

What I do mostly with it: mainly Word, Chrome with a LOT of tabs open,  sometimes a bit of virtual machines (preferably in Hyper-V), listening to music (and even though I wouldn't call myself an audiophile, I do care about good sound quality) and some retro gaming. 

What this basically boils down to, is:
- At least 8GB of RAM, or 4 if I can upgrade it,

- A decent CPU for these tasks, but as I'm used to my i7-2670QM I don't know what I can expect from low energy mobile processors these days,

- A good screen, preferably 1080p, but not 4K as I think at this size, that would be quite the waste of money for me,

- Preferably an SSD installed or an HDD upgadable to an SSD,

- A battery that can last over two hours on a single charge (as most of my laptops currently have either no battery installed or a battery that is completely dead, so I don't need much there),

- A good touchpad and keyboard are an absolute MUST for me, since I tend to type really fast and I need to type a lot, and I don't like carrying mice everywhere with me. 

This all needs to be in either the pricerange 400-500 euro's, or 600-900, but that's depending on whether I can get some money from the government considering I have very bad fine hand motorics (if that even is how you spell it), so writing my work at school is basicly a no-go. 

Also, I'm based in the Netherlands, which might affect prices a bit, so keep that in mind. 

Oh, and before I forget, I am looking into refurbished models as well, since those seem to be more of interest to me than the models currently available new. Also, they must be from a trustworthy shop, as I need to take in the receipt for the laptop to the government if needed. 

Laptops I've taken a look at are the ASUS UX305x series, refurbished Macbook Pro's from 2011, refurbished HP Elitebook 8460p's and the HP Pavilion X360 models. Especially those Elitebooks and Macbook Pro's look interesting to me, but the Elitebooks are quite heavy, while the MBP's are quite underspecced for their prices. 

So, any suggestions? 

• 1 month later...

Unless, you are going to do video editing, or very heavy gaming, 2 core, mobile i5 or i7 is everything that you need. 

dell has a lot of decent laptops... and you can upgrade them to whatever you want.

I like Computer Stuffs. Have you tried unplugging it and plugging it in again? Automation Expert (Bots, scripts, etc)! Add me on Xbox Live: JollyPlanet449 And on Steam!: Baxtmann Wanshow.tips is a cool place too