should i get a console?

Guest Johnny5g

ok so i am thinking of getting a console. yes. i feeling ashamed. what do you think?

or is that a awful idea how about a steam machine? thanks!

With a PC i feel no need for a console, to each his own i guess tho.

i can't play games good on my pc

although i will upgrade soon

so what do you think? yay or nay to a console? yay or nay to a steam machine?

If any of your friends play consoles then get that one. Or if you want a consoles exclusives get that one. If not don't get one haha

Spoiler
Spoiler

Case Corsair Air 540 CPU AMD Ryzen 5 1600 GPU EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 SC2 iCX Motherboard Asus X370-F Memory G.Skill Flare X 16GB (2x8) 2400MHz Display Asus VG248QE Storage Samsung 960 Pro 512GB - Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD - 1TB Seagate Barracuda - 1TB WD Blue OS MS X Pro Peripherals Corsair K70 RGB Rapidfire -  Razer DeathAdder 2013

Spoiler

Case 15.4" Mid 2012 MacBook Pro CPU Intel Core i7-3720QM GPU Nvidia GT650M Memory Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600MHz Display 1680x1050 AntiGlare Display Storage 1TB 5400RPM or Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD OS OS X Yosemite (Maybe El Capitan?) - BootCamp MS X Pro Peripherals Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 -  Razer DeathAdder 2013 - Mionix Naos 7000 - Logitech K120 - Razer Tartarus Keypad

-snip-

If you plan on upgrading soon save the money and put it there

Spoiler
Spoiler

Case Corsair Air 540 CPU AMD Ryzen 5 1600 GPU EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 SC2 iCX Motherboard Asus X370-F Memory G.Skill Flare X 16GB (2x8) 2400MHz Display Asus VG248QE Storage Samsung 960 Pro 512GB - Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD - 1TB Seagate Barracuda - 1TB WD Blue OS MS X Pro Peripherals Corsair K70 RGB Rapidfire -  Razer DeathAdder 2013

Spoiler

Case 15.4" Mid 2012 MacBook Pro CPU Intel Core i7-3720QM GPU Nvidia GT650M Memory Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600MHz Display 1680x1050 AntiGlare Display Storage 1TB 5400RPM or Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD OS OS X Yosemite (Maybe El Capitan?) - BootCamp MS X Pro Peripherals Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 -  Razer DeathAdder 2013 - Mionix Naos 7000 - Logitech K120 - Razer Tartarus Keypad

If most of your friends play on console, then yeah. If no, then I'd just upgrade my pc, or save it if it didn't need upgrading.

My Build: i7-4790K, 212 Evo, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB DDR3-1600, Intel 730 240GB SSD, WD Blue 1TB, EVGA GTX 980Ti ACX 2.0, NZXT H440 Blue/Black, EVGA 650W 80+Gold.

Most of the time, it's not the computer, it's the person using it.

If you want to play games on the tv, build a small form factor PC, install Windows and use Steam big picture mode. Don't get a console. Also if you want to be playing all games don't get a steam machine.

And for steam machine we will have to wait and see as I don't think any full spec lists have come out (correct me if I'm wrong)

My Build: i7-4790K, 212 Evo, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB DDR3-1600, Intel 730 240GB SSD, WD Blue 1TB, EVGA GTX 980Ti ACX 2.0, NZXT H440 Blue/Black, EVGA 650W 80+Gold.

If any of your friends play consoles then get that one. Or if you want a consoles exclusives get that one. If not don't get one haha

meh to that.  ok thanks!

If you plan on upgrading soon save the money and put it there

hum. well it would be chronological 

yes

to what?

There's no shame in buying a console.  The only reason I don't have a console is cause my TV sucks (don't wont to buy a new one).  And I already have a massive steam library.

If your not already heavily invested in PC gaming and you don't care for KBM or any PC exclusives a console is not a bad choice.

I like consoles because they're simple, you can have friends over to play it and they're not as bad as they use to be. But on the other hand you could get a new cpu or gpu and oc it!
Consoles are good if you're not trying to be competitive.

I like consoles because they're simple, you can have friends over to play it and they're not as bad as they use to be. But on the other hand you could get a new cpu or gpu and oc it!

that is one thing I used to miss about consoles is not being able to have friends over to play. I've fixed that recently by getting some controllers and a 30ft hdmi cable to hook up my pc to my tv. 

Save the money that you'd spend on your console and use it to upgrade your PC. A new PC will be much more useful to you.

true true. but i would love to play rocket league on  the 4k (i think) TV

If most of your friends play on console, then yeah. If no, then I'd just upgrade my pc, or save it if it didn't need upgrading.

yes but i don't like them for that. ok thanks!

i am really thinking of a steam machine 

Ive got a PC & an Xbone, I play the Xbone for only 1 reason actually :P Gears of War :P

haha

If you want to play games on the tv, build a small form factor PC, install Windows and use Steam big picture mode. Don't get a console. Also if you want to be playing all games don't get a steam machine.

ok thanks! i can play rocket league on it right?

And for steam machine we will have to wait and see as I don't think any full spec lists have come out (correct me if I'm wrong)

i think they are out

that is one thing I used to miss about consoles is not being able to have friends over to play. I've fixed that recently by getting some controllers and a 30ft hdmi cable to hook up my pc to my tv. 

LOL!

There's no shame in buying a console.  The only reason I don't have a console is cause my TV sucks (don't wont to buy a new one).  And I already have a massive steam library.

If your not already heavily invested in PC gaming and you don't care for KBM or any PC exclusives a console is not a bad choice.

ok thanks!

me too.

thanks!

C4HankC.png

ok ?

did i break any?

You finally "coming out of the closet" so-to-speak, OP?

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

You finally "coming out of the closet" so-to-speak, OP?

wat?

wat?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

About your previous post asking about Rocket League no Rocket League on Steam Machines right now, Windows only but I heard they are planing a SteamOS Release. 

About your previous post asking about Rocket League no Rocket League on Steam Machines right now, Windows only but I heard they are planing a SteamOS Release. 

ok thanks!

:(

I own all the modern consoles except the Wii. From my experience, there are only 2 reasons to get a console if you already have a good PC.

1. If you need an easy living room experience. Sure the steam machine is supposed to do this as well, but having tried SteamOS, console wins.

2. If your friends play on console.

PS4 > Xbox One

But only by a little bit.