Headset microphone static noise

Wiplive

Hello, so my new USB headset Corsair HS40 is having a static noise from my microphone.

When I touch the PC case it stops, how am I supposed to ground my PC? Right now it's on the floor connected to a power surge. 

Thanks!

As long as your powersuplly isn't a 10$ piece of garbage your PC should be grounded just through the electrical wiring of your house.

I have Corsair CX500M. Also, I live in Europe, there are only 2 plugs in the power outlet.

I have Corsair CX500M. Also, I live in Europe, there are only 2 plugs in the power outlet.

Well thats the problem.

U needs 3 prong.

What country do you live in?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Well thats the problem.

U needs 3 prong.

What country do you live in?

Latvia. In whole Europe we have only 2 prongs. I have also noticed, if I touch my old-school radiator with one hand and PC case with other, it does really hurt with electricity. It ain't no weak static, it's as you hit an electric fence. I have this radiator: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/02/Household_radiator.jpg

Latvia. In whole Europe we have only 2 prongs. I have also noticed, if I touch my old-school radiator with one hand and PC case with other, it does really hurt with electricity. It ain't no weak static, it's as you hit an electric fence. I have this radiator: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/02/Household_radiator.jpg

That not true, I have seen 3 prong in London, Paris, Venice, and Munich

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I think you mean the thing you plug into the PSU: http://www.zeppelincomputers.com/data/products/id142/web_psucable.jpg

We have plugs like these. I'm talking about power outlet.

Me too, 3 prong on the wall.

Me too, 3 prong on the wall.

They don't exist in Europe (except the UK). Those are simply standards for countries. You can't change them. How do I ground my PC? Like maybe it shouldn't be on the floor?

They don't exist in Europe (except the UK). Those are simply standards for countries. You can't change them. How do I ground my PC? Like maybe it shouldn't be on the floor?

You can ground it by connecting it to something like a water pipe.

Here, three prong. The third prong is on the wall

http://www.lianshengchina.com/pic/big/19_0.jpg

You can ground it by connecting it to something like a water pipe.

Here, three prong. The third prong is on the wall

http://www.lianshengchina.com/pic/big/19_0.jpg

So do I just get a random copper wire and connect it from my case to my radiator? Would that work? I don't have any huge metals nearby (at least in the room).

So do I just get a random copper wire and connect it from my case to my radiator? Would that work? I don't have any huge metals nearby (at least in the room).

It needs to be some how connected to the ground, the radiator might work

It needs to be some how connected to the ground, the radiator might work

Will it be safe? Because it ain't no easy static electricity you get from rubbing a balloon on your hair. When I touch the PC and radiator it hurts like hell.

Will it be safe? Because it ain't no easy static electricity you get from rubbing a balloon on your hair. When I touch the PC and radiator it hurts like hell.

That means it's probably grounding it.

Latvia. In whole Europe we have only 2 prongs. I have also noticed, if I touch my old-school radiator with one hand and PC case with other, it does really hurt with electricity. It ain't no weak static, it's as you hit an electric fence. I have this radiator: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/02/Household_radiator.jpg

That not true, I have seen 3 prong in London, Paris, Venice, and Munich

They are technically two prong plugs, but they do definitely have grounding. You can't get away with not grounding plugs these days.

post-80644-0-57046400-1443811274.jpg

In the image above, the two stripes at the top and bottom of the plug are the ground connections. Anyway, the PC should be grounded. It sounds to me like there are some stray wires somewhere in the case/in the PSU. You should see if anyone can check it, because that's legitimately a health concern. You might want to try testing with a different PSU if you can. 

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

They are technically two prong plugs, but they do definitely have grounding. You can't get away with not grounding plugs these days.

attachicon.giftype_f_large-150x130.jpg

In the image above, the two stripes at the top and bottom of the plug are the ground connections. Anyway, the PC should be grounded. It sounds to me like there are some stray wires somewhere in the case/in the PSU. You should see if anyone can check it, because that's legitimately a health concern. You might want to try testing with a different PSU if you can. 

What do you mean by stray wires? Wires that are not plugged? Like extra SATA power which come in like long strips, and there are 3 on 1 cable? How do I ground it then?

You might have a cable pinched somewhere that is sorting out to your case, this would build up an electric charge that would shock you the way you are describing, it would also have the capability to screw with your audio.

What do you mean by stray wires? Wires that are not plugged? Like extra SATA power which come in like long strips, and there are 3 on 1 cable? How do I ground it then?

I basically meant what is described below. Your computer should be grounded anyway though, so it could be that your PSU is faulty.

You might have a cable pinched somewhere that is sorting out to your case, this would build up an electric charge that would shock you the way you are describing, it would also have the capability to screw with your audio.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

type_f_large-150x130.jpg

But they also have ones with 3 prongs, 2 on plug, one on wall

Actually, there are 2 more for the ground (on top and the bottom), but almost 95% houses in EU are not grounded.

Try connecting it into another port or via usb extender\hub.

Actually, there are 2 more for the ground (on top and the bottom), but almost 95% houses in EU are not grounded.

Try connecting it into another port or via usb extender\hub.

Already tried that. Doesn't work. I have to add that when I try the headphones on my laptop plugged in they make the same noise. When it's running on battery it's producing way less static noise, although there still is some so I don't think it's the fault of the headset.

Already tried that. Doesn't work. I have to add that when I try the headphones on my laptop plugged in they make the same noise. When it's running on battery it's producing way less static noise, although there still is some so I don't think it's the fault of the headset.

I've had the same problem with analog headphones: static noise, which intensity depends on pc's load. I know, how annoying is that stuff.

So I plugged it into the front panel, that is connected via 'hd audio' cord.

What about analog headphones? Same noise?

If so, I would try using xenyx 502 (usb or analog version), because it did help me (using another sound mixer now anyways).

I have my mic, heaphones and nord g2 connected to it :)