Got an amazing deal @ local business: HP EliteBook 8470P

Drixen

I scored a factory sealed HP re-certified HP EliteBook 8470P business professional laptop.

hp-elitebook-8470p-c5a69et.jpg

I am a CCNA Cisco tech that LOVES PC technology. I am quite a geek. When I saw this, I immediately snagged it and proceeded to do research on the web with my phone while hoarding the crap out of the box. Honestly, if anyone were to try to snag it I had a death grip :-P

The reason for it being in the box, STILL factory sealed was a business ended up ending their lease with EliteBook laptops, and switched to a ThinkPad lease. Having an order made of just two (were going to be given to new employees), they just basically took a loss on the order and donated it to this recycling center, which of course got a tax right off, so technically no... they didn't lose but it was considered a loss in the companies system.

....all for $289 TAX FREE 0_0 whaaat?

The specs of this puppy are:

14 inches
Screen Resolution 1366x768
i5-3320M CPU 2.6 GHz, 3.3 GHz turbo
RAM 8 GB
Hard Drive 320 GB HDD 5400 rpm
Wireless Type 802.11bgn
Operating System Windows 7 Professional
Computer Memory Type DDR3 SDRAM

My plans are to switch the HDD to an SSD- particularly an Intel 535 series w/ NAND (540 mb/s read, 490 mb/s write) 5yr warranty.
In fact, picking up the SSD today at my local Best Buy price matching to $109. Can't wait!

ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ PROJECT: GreenLANTERN (click to view)

not really a good deal imo

LOL. No? $549 avg. price new and tax free. What?

Mine is still factory sealed recertified from HP with certificate.... 

And I should say, the HP certificate reads:

New shell, new screen and new motherboard. 

So... yeah, and since it's HP certified it has 100% manufacturer part #'s w/ a 3 year warranty through HP still. I've called HP and confirmed before purchase. That's a good deal, friend.

For $289 tax free basically a BRAND NEW item, I am not complaining one bit.

The condition of the laptop has been verified by me since I've opened it and I've also inspected CPU by taking off the cooler, and it's 100% clean. Everything functions at brand new level. I have a micro-sized TINY scuff which measures at only .25 inch on dock connector.

The price is fine but the specs are low range. What will you be using it for ? Cause this is definitely not a gaming laptop. Should be enough for programming tho.

The price is fine but the specs are low range. What will you be using it for ? Cause this is definitely not a gaming laptop. Should be enough for programming tho.

I am CCNA technician, as I stated. Mobile computing, which wont even come near using the full potential of this laptop

I have my X99 socket for gaming with a GTX 980 rig- look at my signature.

I am CCNA technician, as I stated. Mobile computing, which wont even come near using the full potential of this laptop

I have my X99 socket for gaming with a GTX 980 rig- look at my signature.

Yeah I saw it and that's why I asked what are you going to use it for :P.. I am computer science student and I know what CCNA is (even tho I chose not to study it, networking isn't my thing, I am more of a programmer) and yeah I agree, it's more than enough.

Yeah I saw it and that's why I asked what are you going to use it for :P.. I am computer science student and I know what CCNA is (even tho I chose not to study it, networking isn't my thing, I am more of a programmer) and yeah I agree, it's more than enough.

No worries! It's just I really don't get the whole "if it's not 2015 laptop with GTX 980 GPU and no G-sync it's a POS. By the way that's $2500+". It baffles me we will live in a throw-away society where people don't conceptualize we will RARELY max out our computers consistently. It actually annoys me :-P

Sorry to seem bashful.

With all respects to others, you're fooling yourself by saying this isn't a steal. Go live in your benchmark world and be an amateur.

No worries! It's just I really don't get the whole "if it's not 2015 laptop with GTX 980 GPU and no G-sync it's a POS. By the way that's $2500+". It baffles me we will live in a throw-away society where people don't conceptualize we will RARELY max out our computers consistently. It actually annoys me :-P

Sorry to seem bashful.

With all respects to others, you're fooling yourself by saying this isn't a steal. Go live in your benchmark world and be an amateur.

btw, what's the GPU?

btw, what's the GPU?

Intel HD graphics- which is going to suffice 100% as I won't be doing gaming, HD videos and other amateur media with it. Strictly a mobile productivity computer with multitasking power to get emails, Microsoft office programs, skype chats and online business meetings done. That's it.

When I go from data center to data center on the road, I live out of company provided hotel rooms.

Intel HD graphics- which is going to suffice 100% as I won't be doing gaming, HD videos and other amateur media with it. Strictly a mobile productivity computer with multitasking power to get emails, Microsoft office programs, skype chats and online business meetings done. That's it.

When I go from data center to data center on the road, I live out of company provided hotel rooms.

Awesome ! More than enough and a cheap laptop, congratulations !

Awesome ! More than enough and a cheap laptop, congratulations !

Thanks Pampa. :D I am super glad to have purchased it.

Beats going to Worst Buy (Best Buy) to buy a plastic, garbage laptop with an incompetent salesman pitching experience.

Only things I buy from Worst Buy are hard drives (if good ones are in stock and low price little tech stuff)

Don't listen to the nay-sayer. This is a great deal for your needs!!!