Others hear echo when using VoIP (Sound Blaster ZX)

Greatbanterr

I own a creative sound blaster zx and have recently ran into a problem which causes my friends to occasionally echo in skype, teamspeak etc. I do not hear the echo myself but they all hear each other echoing. It is definitely me due to the fact that it doesn't happen when I am not in the call and it doesn't happen all of the time only from time to time, say about once every hour.

I thought it could be something to do with my sound card or mic but I do not want to purchase anything if there is a simple fix. I read online that disabling the motherboard sound chip may fix the problem but this has done nothing. Does anybody know of any solution to this problem?

Are you using a headset? It's usually crosstalk in the headset's wiring. The only solution is a different setup.

Are you using a headset? It's usually crosstalk in the headset's wiring. The only solution is a different setup.

I'm using V-Moda Crossfade LPs with the optional boom microphone.

Apparently disabling mic boost can prevent the issue so I will try that when I get the chance. If not I may just purchase some new equipment.

Thanks for the help

I'm using V-Moda Crossfade LPs with the optional boom microphone.

Apparently disabling mic boost can prevent the issue so I will try that when I get the chance. If not I may just purchase some new equipment.

Thanks for the help

I want to say it should be unlikely to happen because of quality V-moda products. Have you tried plugging it into your motherboard to see if the soundcard is to blame?