[CS:GO] is it possible to get DDOS'd in normal MM?

JorenBus

Hello,

I just had the most frustrating game ever. When we were around 2 rounds into the match, my ping went crazy high, from around 40 to 250+.

I litterally couldn't play. It was an eco rush by the enemies (they rushed mid on cache), I peeked mid, first I saw no one, 1-2 seconds later they all popped out on my screen.

This went on the entire game. I couldn't hit anyone and I felt really bad for my team. We could have easily won the game if it weren't for my terrible lags.

I don't have the best internet here (rural area), but I've never had this before. I made sure nothing was downloading, Wifi of my iPhone and iPad were disabled etc.

Then, the very last round, they had 15 points, 2 of them were dead, my ping suddenly lowered again to the normal 40.

I'm just wondering, is it possible that those guys actually messed up my internet? I mean, it went back to normal the very last round. I played a game after, ping was just fine.

Thoughts?

CPU: Core i5 4690k                                                   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97M                     RAM: 16GB HyperX Fury Red                             

GPU: RX 580                                                             Storage: Sandisk Ultra II 240GB                  PSU: Seasonic M12II Evo 520W

Case: NZXT S340 red/black                                      Case lighting: NZXT Hue+                          Mouse: Logitech G502

Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper212 Evo                     Operating system: Windows 10 64-bit

I highly doubt they did anything. Why would they target just you?

I'd say it's a coincidence with regards to your ISP and that's it.

My Gaming Rig;  Motherboard - ASUS Maximus VI Hero | CPU - Intel i5 4670k @4.5Ghz 1.25v | GPU - GIGABYTE GTX 980 @Stock | RAM -  16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866Mhz | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i | Storage #1 - Samsung 840 Basic 250GB SSD | Storage #2 - Sandisk II 480GB SSD | Storage #3 - 2TB 7200rpm 64mb HDDPSU - Corsair HX750 | Case - Fractal Design R4 |

Internet is never perfectly consistent. There will be connection issues.

That said, yes, perfectly possible to be DDOS'd if you're leaking your IP via stuff like Skype. That said, if you were actually DDOS'd, you wouldn't have been online.

DDOS usally kills your internet, might just be your ISP fucking up

No. Unless the people who DDOS you know your IP beforehand.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

DDOS usally kills your internet, might just be your ISP fucking up

Internet is never perfectly consistent. There will be connection issues.

That said, yes, perfectly possible to be DDOS'd if you're leaking your IP via stuff like Skype. That said, if you were actually DDOS'd, you wouldn't have been online.

I highly doubt they did anything. Why would they target just you?

I'd say it's a coincidence with regards to your ISP and that's it.

I have never, ever had this before.

I don't know man, it's just really odd that it was just this game, and as soon as they were sure they won, it went back to normal.

I know this might seem like a really stupid post, it's just really odd IMO.

CPU: Core i5 4690k                                                   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97M                     RAM: 16GB HyperX Fury Red                             

GPU: RX 580                                                             Storage: Sandisk Ultra II 240GB                  PSU: Seasonic M12II Evo 520W

Case: NZXT S340 red/black                                      Case lighting: NZXT Hue+                          Mouse: Logitech G502

Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper212 Evo                     Operating system: Windows 10 64-bit

I have never, ever had this before.

I don't know man, it's just really odd that it was just this game, and as soon as they were sure they won, it went back to normal.

I know this might seem like a really stupid post, it's just really odd IMO.

Let me repeat myself: If you were actually DDOS'd, you would not have been online. And I highly doubt they're gonna DDOS just one player so they can win. 4v5s are very winnable. 

Let me repeat myself: If you were actually DDOS'd, you would not have been online. And I highly doubt they're gonna DDOS just one player so they can win. 4v5s are very winnable. 

You're probably right.

Anyway, guess I just needed to get rid of my frustration  :D

You're probably right.

Anyway, guess I just needed to get rid of my frustration  :D

Sorry if that was harsh/rude, but yeah. That's kinda the gist of it. Still, you should be aware of stuff that leaks IPs if your Steam profile can be traced back to stuff like your Skype. (eg. using the same Skype name as your Steam URL/name)

Sorry if that was harsh/rude, but yeah. That's kinda the gist of it. Still, you should be aware of stuff that leaks IPs if your Steam profile can be traced back to stuff like your Skype. (eg. using the same Skype name as your Steam URL/name)

I rarely use Skype, but it's not the same name as my Steam account.

Anyway, I uninstalled Skype to be sure.