Xbox One Wireless Controller Extender

evensstevens

Right now I have my Xbox in my office. Where I can game in piece. Well I want to have Rock Band 4, but don't want to keep moving the xbox from my office to my living room to play games. I have an HDMI ran from my living room to my office. Is there a way to have some sort of wireless controller extender to help the connection for the instruments/controllers? I hope this makes sense.

Or does anyone have any other ideas?

No. Xbox (& peripherals/controller) uses its own proprietary wireless protocol, so wifi/bluetooth extenders will be useless.

“I like being alone. I have control over my own shit. Therefore, in order to win me over, your presence has to feel better than my solitude. You're not competing with another person, you are competing with my comfort zones.”  - portfolio - twitter - instagram - youtube

No. Xbox (& peripherals/controller) uses its own proprietary wireless protocol, so wifi/bluetooth extenders will be useless.

Dang that stinks. I even contemplated buying a 2nd brick to make things easier, but $60+?! I would rather buy a 2nd Xbox one...

2nd brick

You have me confused. What relation has a brick to wireless connectivity O.o?

“I like being alone. I have control over my own shit. Therefore, in order to win me over, your presence has to feel better than my solitude. You're not competing with another person, you are competing with my comfort zones.”  - portfolio - twitter - instagram - youtube

You have me confused. What relation has a brick to wireless connectivity O.o?

Sorry. Just meaning so it is less of a hassle when I have to move the Xbox from the office to the living room (1 brick in office and 1 in the living room)

Sorry. Just meaning so it is less of a hassle when I have to move the Xbox from the office to the living room (1 brick in office and 1 in the living room)

Ah, right.

WiFi Direct is proprietary?

WiFi Direct is proprietary?

Kotaku Article about the differences and improvements of the XB1 controller

The internal wireless protocol that allows the controller to communicate with the console has been overhauled from the 360 era, replacing a 1.6 megabit per second connection of the old one with a modified WiFi protocol for the new one that enables 20 times the bandwidth which, in turn, Alam said, "allows a whole different variety of different accessories we can build with the controller and around the controller."

The new proprietary protocol—to be clear, it's not WiFi nor Bluetooth, which Alam said was too slow for their needs—should reduce controller-to-console latency by 20% compared to the old 360 connection.

TLDR: it's not WiFi Direct.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to bump my old thread, but with upgrading to Windows 10 I can now stream my Xbox on my pc. So I can leave the system in the living room and play in my office!