Unable to load KBDUS.DLL Windows XP Setup

My desktop has a lot of problems with Windows 10, namely with BSODs and VIDEO_TDR_Failure. Which by the way, happens every 15-20 minutes now. I've decided instead of updating the drivers countless times and doing countless reinstall of Windows 10, I would reinstall trusty old Windows XP on it. My computer came with Vista but I am not prepared to go through the trouble of finding a Vista ISO and calling HP for the serial key, neither am I prepared to pay HP to reinstall it for me.

Normally I have little problems installing OSes but this time, I'm just out of luck in terms of trouble shooting. I am trying to install Windows XP through a USB drive but the error "Unable to load KBDUS.DLL" keeps popping up. I tried to delete the duplicates of KBDUS.DLL on the system since I read somewhere that would help but I couldn't, cmd is saying that the file is restricted or something along those lines.

This is one of the reasons why I love Macs, now don't hate me for it, because Windows is always around somewhere in the house and I have this old desktop from way back to play games, because I didn't want to load my MacBook Pro with games and overload it, its my main work machine.

Can one of you PC Master Race Gurus help me out on this? I am simply puzzled with no other possible explanation in my brain.

Why are you installing an OS with no more support and security updates? Plus it only has DX 9c at best.

- CPU: Intel i7 3770 - GPU: MSI R9 390 - RAM: 16GB of DDR3 - SSD: Crucial BX100 - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB -

just torrent vista. Its not like u havent paid for it before...

Laptop: Thinkpad W520 i7 2720QM 24GB RAM 1920x1080 2x SSDs Main Rig: 4790k 12GB Hyperx Beast Zotac 980ti AMP! Fractal Define S (window) RM850 Noctua NH-D15 EVGA Z97 FTW with 3 1080P 144hz monitors from Asus Secondary: i5 6600K, R9 390 STRIX, 16GB DDR4, Acer Predator 144Hz 1440P

As Centos 7 SU once said: With great power comes great responsibility.

Why are you installing an OS with no more support and security updates? Plus it only has DX 9c at best.

Because I don't have Windows 7 or Vista and I don't like Windows 8.1 very much, especially with how Microsoft likes to sneak Windows 10 on the thing now. The desktop was mostly there for gaming, which I now no longer do very often. It's mainly used to store files and download and upload files to and from my network drive and works great if I'm travelling and need to download a big file for later use. Plus it's a prebuilt old PC, Windows 8.1 ran okay on the thing in the past, but it wasn't zippy. I thought installing a legacy OS might change that.

Why XP? Windows 7 at least

DISPLAYS: LG 27UL500 IPS 4k60hz + HDR and LG 27GL650F IPS 1080p 144hz + HDR

LAPTOP: Lenovo Legion 5 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800H GPU: RTX 3070 8GB RAM: 16GB 3200MHz (2x8GB DDR4) STORAGE: 1TB Crucial P5 NVMe SSD + 2TB Samsung 970 evo plus NVMe SSD DISPLAY: 1080p 165hz IPS OS: Windows 10 Pro x64

I'd just install 7 personally, as I have a disc that allows multiple uses, but it sounds more like you need an upgrade unless you have another rig already

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Why XP? Windows 7 at least

I'd just install 7 personally, as I have a disc that allows multiple uses, but it sounds more like you need an upgrade unless you have another rig already

The only way for me to get Windows 7 is to pirate it? Which I'm not too keen on. Then again, if there's no fix for this KBDUS.DLL nonsense, I might just end up doing that  :mellow:

I can't help you with your problem but check this deal out on fast2play.com it's a w7 Pro OEM key on 93% discount. http://www.fast2play.com/category/13816/windows-7-professional-oem-key-sp1/ And it's legit, I bought a set of 2 and it worked.

CPU: i5 4690K @ Stock                GPU: Asus GTX 970 STRIX @ Stock      SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 120GB (OS and Drivers)     Headset: Audio-Technica M20X

Case: Corsair Obsidian 250D        RAM: Kingston HyperX 16GB LP             HDD: WD Caviar Black 2TB                                         Mouse: Logitech m185

OS: Windows 8.1 OEM                 PSU: Corsair RM650                                Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97N Mini ITX                         Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K65 RGB

Hmm.

Sounds like a job for.....

Linux!