PC Not showing video

Wiplive
Go to solution Solved by Tsuki,

does the cpu have built in graphics? if so, are you making sure you're plugging the monitor into the gpu not the onboard?  also try with no gpu plugged in at all. it could be that the apu isnt disabling itself when youve got a gpu plugged in.  also try different cables, whether its dvi or vga

Hello, recently a relative has given me a computer to fix but I'm running out of options here. When I received the PC it didn't turn on, so I think the old PSU broke because I replaced the PSU and it turns on but doesn't show any video. The problem is simple.

Everything runs well, but the video doesn't show at all, no BIOS, nothing, only shows No Connection on the monitor. Motherboard doesn't beep either, all the fans spin and stuff. 

PC Specs:

Some random ASUS AM2 socket motherboard

Some AMD Athlon X2 at 3.1 GHz

Nvidia GeForce 9600GT

Random PSU I switched

Kingston HyperX Blu DDR2 2 * 1 GB sticks.

Random ass HDD.

Here's what I've tried:

• Replacing the PSU (Which made the PC turn on at all).
  • Replacing GPU with 2 other ones (which work on other PCs).
  • Reseating RAM sticks, trying to boot with only 1 RAM stick.
  • Changing out the HDD.
  • Reseat CMOS battery (even replacing it).
  • Used different cables, HDMI and VGA (both with adapters).

So what are your suggestions for this? Could it be that the PSU failure fried a part of the motherboard which powers PCI-E? The GPU fans spin, though.

Thanks in advance!

This might sound dumb, but maybe its just your monitor is broken?  :P

This might sound dumb, but maybe its just your monitor is broken?  :P

I have tried 2 monitors already.

does the cpu have built in graphics? if so, are you making sure you're plugging the monitor into the gpu not the onboard?  also try with no gpu plugged in at all. it could be that the apu isnt disabling itself when youve got a gpu plugged in.  also try different cables, whether its dvi or vga

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

I reseated the RAM sticks for the second time, apparently it worked... Don't know how though...