Audio From TV And Speakers Windows?

RubyRoks

I currently have an HDMI TV in my setup as well as my normal monitor and speakers. The issue is that i want things that are on my main monitor to use my main speakers and things on the TV to use the TV's speakers. Is there an easy way to do this? and what if i have a game on my main monitor and speakers and pandora on my TV. can i get both to play on different speakers?

Linus once unboxed a Toblerone

41cuPAWJjSL._SY300_.jpg

CPU: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.3 GHz       GPU: MSI GTX 980                      Cooling: be quiet! Pure Rock                     OS: Windows 7            Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z

Motherboard: AsRock Z97 PRO4   PSU: Corsair 600W CX600M       Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate   SSD: Intel 120GB 520   Headset: HyperX Cloud II

RAM: 12GB Crucial Ballistix            Case: Corsair 750D                       Mouse: Logitech G502                         HDD: Seagate 1TB        Speakers: Audioengine A5+

There's no global way to achieve this. It's up to each software, which sound device they use, if any. 99% will use whichever device you have set as default in Windows and most programs don't have an option to change it. But some do. Like VLC media player for instance. So you kinda need to use programs and play games that have the option. I'm not familiar with Pandora but do take a look at it's settings. It might be there.

41cuPAWJjSL._SY300_.jpg

this will SURELY help over HDMI

this will SURELY help over HDMI

cghhml1343630379231.jpg

CPU: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.3 GHz       GPU: MSI GTX 980                      Cooling: be quiet! Pure Rock                     OS: Windows 7            Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z

Motherboard: AsRock Z97 PRO4   PSU: Corsair 600W CX600M       Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate   SSD: Intel 120GB 520   Headset: HyperX Cloud II

RAM: 12GB Crucial Ballistix            Case: Corsair 750D                       Mouse: Logitech G502                         HDD: Seagate 1TB        Speakers: Audioengine A5+

cghhml1343630379231.jpg

perhaps what i wanted wasn't stated clearly. I want the TV speakers to be used when things are on the TV's screen. I want my main speakers to be used when things are on that screen. The reason i want this is so that i don't have to have my movies on my TV blaring their sound only into my left speaker because my main setup is to the left of my TV. And, if possible, I'd like to have them both do this at the same time; for example, have a game and its sound on my main setup with music playing over the TV's speakers

perhaps what i wanted wasn't stated clearly. I want the TV speakers to be used when things are on the TV's screen. I want my main speakers to be used when things are on that screen. The reason i want this is so that i don't have to have my movies on my TV blaring their sound only into my left speaker because my main setup is to the left of my TV. And, if possible, I'd like to have them both do this at the same time; for example, have a game and its sound on my main setup with music playing over the TV's speakers

You have to make some sort of circuit board to detect weather your TV or computer is on and go from there. Very difficult. Just buy some nice speakers to use universally.

You have to make some sort of circuit board to detect weather your TV or computer is on and go from there. Very difficult. Just buy some nice speakers to use universally.

that wouldn't solve the issue of my TV and PC being on different walls, and thus, only giving me mono audio depending on which direction i sit

that wouldn't solve the issue of my TV and PC being on different walls, and thus, only giving me mono audio depending on which direction i sit

Try a surround sound system.

Maybe an easier solution would be to get sort of like a KVM switch for audio if those exist.