z170 Pro gaming vs z170-a

Hey guys! trying to pick a mobo for a new build, can't decide between one of these! Can someone please tell me the difference of the two? (i think my cpu fits both) (i7 6700K)

Thanks guys :)

Spoiler

CPU: i7-6700K 4.7GHz GPU: GTX 980 STRIX 1337MHz CPU Cooler: H110i GTX AIO |

Motherboard: Asus Z170-AR | Case: NZXT H440 White PSU: CS750W |

PCPartPicker Link: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/43BkVn 

I would probably just get the cheaper Z170-A. Still a good board mate and it'll save you a little as well.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

If we are talking about ASUS boards then

Just get Z170-A

The pro gaming one is more expensive and is filled with some "gaming" stuff thats not even really needed, basically not worth the money in my opinion

^_^

CPU: Intel i7-6700K | MB: Asus Z170-A | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming OC @ GTX 980 Perf. | CASE: Fractal Design Define R5 | COOLER: Coolermaster HYPER 212 EVO |

RAM: 2x4GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX Savage | STORAGE:  Western Digital HDD & Samsung 850 EVO SSD | PSU: Fractal Design Edison M 550W | SCREEN: Dell U2412M 24"

Well the pro one does have more power phases and they're probably higher quality as well. This would be useful if you're aiming for extremely high overclocks or longevity of the board at high voltages. Has ports for a custom loop to cool the VRMs which would be helpful in this scenario.

Only worth it if you're doing very high overclocks but I wanted to point out there is more to the board than "gaming" stuff.

The pro gaming has better audio, Realtek 1150 vs 850 model.  And has more USB 3.0 ports in the back.  The Z170-A has one more fan header or something.  

I would go with the pro gaming. Some places have the boards for almost the same price sometimes.