Strix r9 390?

Strom

I'm building a pc for 4k and i'm going to use r9 390 for it. First I'll buy one and another later for Crossfire. Is Asus Strix r9 390 good or do you recommend Sapphire or something else over it?

Here is my build that i'm thnking: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/QvRDRB

I'm Linus too. (:

Pick Sapphire or MSI

Asus coolers on the 390 are horrible as they didn't fixed the damn VRM and VRAM cooling issues!!!

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Pick Sapphire or MSI

Asus coolers on the 390 are horrible as they didn't fixed the damn VRM and VRAM cooling issues!!!

Do you mean old or directcu III?

I'm Linus too. (:

both I suspect, ASUS hasn't been too great for GPUs recently

Aftermarket 980Ti >= Fury X >= Reference 980Ti > Fury > 980 > 390X > 390 >= 970 380X > 380 >= 960 > 950 >= 370 > 750Ti = 360

"The Orange Box" || CPU: i5 4690k || RAM: Kingston Hyper X Fury 16GB || Case: Aerocool DS200 (Orange) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate || Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 240GB + WD Black 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM750 || Mobo: ASUS Z97-A || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

"Unnamed Form Factor Switch" || CPU: i7 6700K || RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB || Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Mini ITX (White) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate (Green Cover) || Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 1TB || PSU: XFX XTR 550W || Mobo: ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

both version

the DCU III is just recycled from the nVidia GPU cooler design

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

If strix is bad what do you recommend to replace it?

I'm Linus too. (:

If strix is bad what do you recommend to replace it?

MSI Gaming or the Sapphire Nitro

I hate to be "that guy"

but why not just get a 980Ti...

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

I hate to be "that guy"

but why not just get a 980Ti...

Its good that there it ''that guy''. And why not 980ti there is 2 reasons. 1) I don't have currently money for it 2) that monitor is freesync (:

I'm Linus too. (:

Its good that there it ''that guy''. And why not 980ti there is 2 reasons. 1) I don't have currently money for it 2) that monitor is freesync (:

so i guess this a planned build

how about getting the Fury X?

so i guess this a planned build

how about getting the Fury X?

I've planned this for very long time and Fury X is too expensive for now and 4 Gigs of Vram might not be enough in future for 4k. (also im not a big fan of liquid cooling :P)

I'm Linus too. (:

I've planned this for very long time and Fury X is too expensive for now and 4 Gigs of Vram might not be enough in future for 4k. (also im not a big fan of liquid cooling :P)

well it weird coming from AMD but the Fury is marketed as a 4K gaming card

but it only need 4GB now and run great is because of the HBM which is 4096bit wide 

so RAM swapping is godly fast