NAS speeds

ego_sum_ignavus
Go to solution Solved by QueenDemetria,

Hi, I was wondering why the speed of your NAS is affected by the speed of your internet package when the data does nto have to got through the ISP Thanks in advance

Nope, the data speed is dependent of your LAN speeds(so 10/100/1000mbps on most consumer routers) and disk speeds in the NAS. The only time internet speeds effect your NAS performance is if you are doing something with your NAS outside of your house.

Hi, I was wondering why the speed of your NAS is affected by the speed of your internet package when the data does nto have to got through the ISP Thanks in advance

if the speed of your NAS over local network gets affected by your ISP speeds, you're doing it wrong...

no i was just wondering cause i am looking to buy a NAS, also thanks for your prompt response

Nope, the data speed is dependent of your LAN speeds(so 10/100/1000mbps on most consumer routers) and disk speeds in the NAS. The only time internet speeds effect your NAS performance is if you are doing something with your NAS outside of your house.