Samsung 950 pro 512 GB vs Intel 750 400 GB

danielhowk

when 950 pro reviews coming out?

Nice link. Should be released in Australia sometime this week.

Nice link. Should be released in Australia sometime this week.

nice are you getting it /

• 3 weeks later...

Pssssst. The Intel 750 is a high performance server/workstation/PC drive. The Samsung 950 Pro is a notebook/laptop drive. Samsung doesn't have their software sorted out properly or W10 compatibility, yet, if ever. Which drive would one want in a h.p. PC?  Which one in a laptop? Hmmmm?  :wacko: .

W.P. -_- .

Pssssst. The Intel 750 is a high performance server/workstation/PC drive. The Samsung 950 Pro is a notebook/laptop drive. Samsung doesn't have their software sorted out properly or W10 compatibility, yet, if ever. Which drive would one want in a h.p. PC?  Which one in a laptop? Hmmmm?  :wacko: .

W.P. -_- .

I'll remember to tell the next Ferrari driver that he should stick to F1 tracks... But I guess he won't listen, he just enjoys the ride.

Silly bugger

800.png

Well I'm serious.

The 950 pro is known to run near or at the de-forming point of silicon.

bring on the waterblocks

But that is just stupid.

You shouldn't need to cool off your SSD.

They are known for being energy efficient as well as cool and SILENT.

I'd go for which is cheaper, TBH.

Based on Newegg, the 950 Pro is cheaper than the 750.

I'm not even gonna talk about speed because, honestly, I don't know what its like to have blazing fast read and write speeds and using it everyday for whatever it is I please as I've never owned one to say if the speed does make a difference based on my personal experience.

bring on the massive heatsinks then *cough* intel 750 series *cough*

I had this strange fantasy of wanting to watercool the OCZ Revo 350 PCI-E SSD (I don't remember if thats the actual name, but okay). When I checked EK's website that I can cool the 750 due to their waterblock... I came a little bit. Thank you EK and Intel for fulfilling that fantasy of mine.

I'd go for which is cheaper, TBH.

Based on Newegg, the 950 Pro is cheaper than the 750.

I'm not even gonna talk about speed because, honestly, I don't know what its like to have blazing fast read and write speeds and using it everyday for whatever it is I please as I've never owned one to say if the speed does make a difference based on my personal experience.

I had this strange fantasy of wanting to watercool the OCZ Revo 350 PCI-E SSD (I don't remember if thats the actual name, but okay). When I checked EK's website that I can cool the 750 due to their waterblock... I came a little bit. Thank you EK and Intel for fulfilling that fantasy of mine.

even if the 950 is almost boiling?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well it's simple, the 950 is a bit faster for write/read, but if you want to choose one, choose the Intel 750 if you have a desktop, as they are made for desktop and the 950 for a laptop as M.2 is made for laptop.

For the 750 you can choose between U.2 (where you need an U.2 to M.2) or the PCIe.

Well it's simple, the 950 is a bit faster for write/read, but if you want to choose one, choose the Intel 750 if you have a desktop, as they are made for desktop and the 950 for a laptop as M.2 is made for laptop.

For the 750 you can choose between U.2 (where you need an U.2 to M.2) or the PCIe.

The 950 isn't specifically made for laptops in read and write its somewhat faster than the Intel 750 it only loses out in iops. I'd say get the 950 but please make sure that your m.2 slot runs at PCIe 3.0 x4 to get the full performance out of it. This also applies to the u.2 version of the Intel 750. I'd also recommend going m.2 over the Intel 750 because you will only be able to put it n desktops this will be inconvenient if some day you want to upgrade your desktop and maybe add that to a laptop

• 2 weeks later...

And you worry about macbook air cpu's from melting? (because thermal throttling exists EXPLICITLY to ensure this does not occur.)

My brother has a MacBook air, and in gaming the CPU temp is around 105 degrees celcius. That's hot enough to boil water! It thermal throttles alright, but at 105 c. 

• 4 weeks later...

I use both, a  512GB 950 Pro in Raid 0, and a 800GB 750 Series in Raid 1.  I also watercooled the 750 Series with a block from EK

I like milk.........