Skylake midrange futurebuild.

Strom

I'm going to build a pc from scratch and i have budget around 1500€. I live in Finland so i'm going to buy parts from germany because it's a lot cheaper. My build is this: http://de.pcpartpicker.com/user/StromDeByssy/saved/L8JdnQ I'm intending to get another r9 390 later but now i don't have money for it. Don't freak out about the monitor because i'll get the another gpu. SSD is not that if i get a better deal somewhere. I went with skylake over hashwell because ddr4 will be around for a long time if it behaves like ddr3 has done. Also 1151 socket is better for upgrades than 1150. I want to hear your opinions on this build and recommendations. Don't post full part lists because then this topic will become difficult to read.

I'm Linus too. (:

And the budget without monitor is about 1000€

I'm Linus too. (:

Get a better power supply, preferably somthing like an EVGA G2 750/850

My Rig:

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @4.3 GHz; Mobo: MSI X99A SLI Plus; Cooler: Cryorig H5 Ultimate; RAM: 16GB HyperX Fury Black; GPU: MSI R9 380 4GB; Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Black w/ Window; SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 256GB and 500GB; HDD: WD Blue 1TB; PSU: EVGA 750W P2

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 29UM57; Headset: HyperX Cloud II; Keyboard: Gamdias Hermes Mechanical; Mouse: Zowie EC2-A

Otherwise, it looks good. Maybe more storage too.

My Rig:

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @4.3 GHz; Mobo: MSI X99A SLI Plus; Cooler: Cryorig H5 Ultimate; RAM: 16GB HyperX Fury Black; GPU: MSI R9 380 4GB; Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Black w/ Window; SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 256GB and 500GB; HDD: WD Blue 1TB; PSU: EVGA 750W P2

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 29UM57; Headset: HyperX Cloud II; Keyboard: Gamdias Hermes Mechanical; Mouse: Zowie EC2-A

If i get better psu i have to cut the money from somewhere else

I'm Linus too. (:

Otherwise, it looks good. Maybe more storage too.

Storage isn't a problem because i have old hdds that i can put in.

I'm Linus too. (:

You really do need a better PSU though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kj8-wNmYJvM

My Rig:

Peripherals:

What is it for? You might only need 8GB of RAM, but your choice.

My Rig:

Peripherals:

If you're on a budget, go with the 1150. DDR3 isn't going anywhere, look at HDDs.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

If you are really on a budget, then go with Haswell.

My Rig:

Peripherals:

go with haswell, its the same performance for like a minimum of $60 less

Rigs I've Built

The Striker i5 4590 @ 3.7 ||  MSI GTX 980 Armor X2 || Corsair RMX 750 || Team Elite Plus 8 GB || Define S || MSI Z97S SLI Krait

The Office PC i3 4160 @ 3.6 || Intel 4600 || EVGA 500B || G.Skill 8 GB || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M Pro4

The Friend PC G3258 @ 4.3 || Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X || EVGA 600B || 8 GB Dell Ram || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M- iTX/ac

The Mom Gaming PC A10-7890K @ 4.4 || iGPU + ASUS R7 250 ||  8 GB Klevv DDR3-2800 Mhz

Th only advantage at this point is the "future proofing" from the new chipset.

My Rig:

Peripherals:

And DDR4, faster, more possible storage.

My Rig:

Peripherals:

Th only advantage at this point is the "future proofing" from the new chipset.

No, there may be newer Skylakes than Haswell but the Skylake could get taken out by a competitor. The Major advantage to Skylake is the ability to run more than two GPUs. Where gaming is concerned. No real advantage to DDR4 in gaming, just more expensive, but that might change so there's that.

You really do need a better PSU though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kj8-wNmYJvM

That's interesting because i know many people who have cx for about 4 years and no problems. That is probably caused by electrical curremt spike or moisture that causes water to conduct between parts. In Finland we have really powerful and stable electrical current so there wouldn't be any problems with my current psu choice. (At least hopefully)

I'm Linus too. (:

No, there may be newer Skylakes than Haswell but the Skylake could get taken out by a competitor. The Major advantage to Skylake is the ability to run more than two GPUs. Where gaming is concerned. No real advantage to DDR4 in gaming, just more expensive, but that might change so there's that.

6600k is about 10% faster than 4690k /:

I'm Linus too. (:

6600k is about 10% faster than 4690k /:

No, most report 3%. And that performance does nothing for game performance. If you're rendering, you should have a i7, not a i5.