Windows Update will not open

Gregrs

I'm currently using Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, and when I try to open windows update, it opens the box, but it just sits there, completely white. It never loads. Same goes with the windows update option in the settings through the UI. I click on windows update and it just sits there with the loading bar, never moving at all.

Is there a way to fix this? I've already tried restarting my computer.

Have you tried running a system file scan? If not then that would be good to try:

Open an elevated command prompt (run as Administrator)

Type "sfc /scannow" (and press enter)

Wait for the scan to complete

Make a note of what it says, restart for good measure then see if you still have the issue.

"PSU brands are meaningless, look up the OEM."

Have you tried running a system file scan? If not then that would be good to try:

Open an elevated command prompt (run as Administrator)

Type "sfc /scannow" (and press enter)

Wait for the scan to complete

Make a note of what it says, restart for good measure then see if you still have the issue.

Just ran the scan, it said

"windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations"

Now, I try to open Windows Update, it somewhat works. It takes like 5 minutes to load, but it loads. However, it still will not install any updates. It says that windows could not search for new updates because of this error code: 80080005

When I hit "try again" it says "Windows Update can't check for updates because the service is not running. You may need to restart your PC."

After restarting my PC, it says the same thing.

Just ran the scan, it said

"windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations"

Now, I try to open Windows Update, it somewhat works. It takes like 5 minutes to load, but it loads. However, it still will not install any updates. It says that windows could not search for new updates because of this error code: 80080005

When I hit "try again" it says "Windows Update can't check for updates because the service is not running. You may need to restart your PC."

After restarting my PC, it says the same thing.

Can you open the Services menu? You can open it by searching for services and running the one that looks like a cog.

If you can check if the services mentioned here are running:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/2730071

If they keep crashing or fail to start please get back to us.

"PSU brands are meaningless, look up the OEM."

Already tried both of those things; scanning for it with the program didn't fix it, and this is what happens when I try to fix it manually.

GywSRWs.png

have you tried using a windows installer to see if it will load or crash? because the windows update utility and a windows 8usb and running setup while in your os will tell us wether its a big problem or a small glitch... cause if that doesn't work... might be a good idea to send Microsoft an email.

I like Computer Stuffs. Have you tried unplugging it and plugging it in again? Automation Expert (Bots, scripts, etc)! Add me on Xbox Live: JollyPlanet449 And on Steam!: Baxtmann Wanshow.tips is a cool place too

I just tried running that scan a few more times and apparently that worked. I ran that application like 6 times and I guess it finally decided to fix the issue.