Corsair HS40 Problems

Wiplive

Hello, recently I bought a nice gaming headset Corsair HS40 for 40€. It works ok but I have few problems with it. 

First of all, the volume is way too loud. I'm currently listening on 1 from 100 and I still have to bring down volume in the program I'm listening from. I was wondering if there's a way to decrease the over volume? I've tried using the built in equalizer in Windows settings but it doesn't seem to work.

Secondly, how do I get the software to work on Windows 10? I've downloaded the drivers but they don't work on Windows 10. Am I missing out on a lot without the Corsair software? Like 7.1 surround?

Thirdly, is there any way to activate the noise cancellation on the microphone which is built in? It seems to pick up my PC sound even though I can *barely* hear it.

And lastly, how can I easily switch between Analog 3.5mm speakers and my USB headset? It's taking way too long to go to Volume settings > Playback devices and set them default accordingly.

Thanks in advance!

Headphones Properties >  Enable Noise Cancellation

The thing is, there are no such option. I am running driverless because there are no Corsair HS40 headphone drivers available for Windows 10. Where else can I look to enable it?

The thing is, there are no such option. I am running driverless because there are no Corsair HS40 headphone drivers available for Windows 10. Where else can I look to enable it?

then you need Driver

Key Switches Guide | LLT Beginner Guide | GPU TDP & Power Consumption Explained | PSU Tier

s a d b o y s 2 0 0 1

then you need Driver

Are you even reading? 

I am running driverless because there are no Corsair HS40 headphone drivers available for Windows 10. Where else can I look to enable it?

Are you even reading?

Yeah he was.

But it won't work without drivers

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Yeah he was.

But it won't work without drivers

You were in my situation. What would you do? I'm using the drivers Windows installed for me, some generic audio ones.

You were in my situation. What would you do? 

Get a different headset.

As for the last problem in your OP, there are software goodies to help -> Audio Switcher

Get a different headset.

As for the last problem in your OP, there are software goodies to help -> Audio Switcher

I just bought this one.

I just bought this one.

Then you should still be able to return or exchange it.  ^_^

I know this isn't a practical solution, and you probably don't want to hear it, but the simple fact is that the software is a part of the product you purchased and it does not work with your computer. 

Then you should still be able to return or exchange it.  ^_^

I know this isn't a practical solution, and you probably don't want to hear it, but the simple fact is that the software is a part of the product you purchased and it does not work with your computer. 

How can I return it in Latvia? I bought from internet shop 400 km away from me, you can't return anything, only if it's broken. But it really isn't, it works fine, it just probably would be better with drivers.

How can I return it in Latvia? I bought from internet shop 400 km away from me, you can't return anything, only if it's broken. But it really isn't, it works fine, it just probably would be better with drivers.

I did not realize returning it would be such a hassle. I am sorry.