PC cant power up.

Toxicstriker

Hi everyone. I have a porblem where if i remove the power cord from the PC and wait one hour-ish, and then try to power it on, it works. But if i shut it down and try to power it back up, fans on the cpu and gpu spin for a sec and it doesnt do anything. I have to wait some time again, to make it start.

I had a problem where pc shutdowns randomly and i fixed it when i remove a stick of ram, but after a week of no shutdowns it hapened 2 more times in one day, and after the second one, the problem with the powering on started ocurring.

Do you think its the motherboard going bad or what exactly is the problem?

PC specs:

CPU:    a8- 3870

GPU:    R9 290

MOBO: GA A75-m DS2

PSU:    CM V750

SSD:    Intel 520 series

HDD:   WD5000AZRX

Sounds like it's receiving power but not able to send it through the computer, could be the power supply or the motherboard....

Try a different PSU first since that's easier, run to the store and grab one, carefully take it out so you can return it once you're done.

If you still have the same problem, definitely the motherboard and you should RMA it.

I tried this psu on another pc and the problem happened 2/4 times oposed to 100% of the times on this pc. Im using my older psu but ive removed my video card cus its too much for it. I guess im giving it back to the seller with the waranty... I didnt think it will break on the 4th month... Thanks everyone... I hope the random shutdowns stop too and it turns out its from the psu not the RAM.