Asrock H97M overclockable?

Matriox

Does the Asrock h97m support overvolting the cpu? like with overclocking and changing the cpu multiplier. And could it overclock the i5 5675c?

CPU¤Core i5 5675c ¤Cooler¤Ghetto water loop(Cheap tubing & block from amazon)¤GPU1¤Sapphire R9 290x Tri-x¤MOBO¤Asrock H97m Anniversary ¤RAM¤8GB DDR3 1866Mhz¤Storage¤2Tb SSHD & 320Gb HDD¤Case¤Cougar Spike Mini ITX case¤PowerSupply¤500w EVGA 80 plus¤

Just wondering, why would you upgrade from a 4790k to 5675c?

Different build

CPU¤Core i5 5675c ¤Cooler¤Ghetto water loop(Cheap tubing & block from amazon)¤GPU1¤Sapphire R9 290x Tri-x¤MOBO¤Asrock H97m Anniversary ¤RAM¤8GB DDR3 1866Mhz¤Storage¤2Tb SSHD & 320Gb HDD¤Case¤Cougar Spike Mini ITX case¤PowerSupply¤500w EVGA 80 plus¤

Oh ok.

Didn't [someone] release a bios update on their boards that allowed them to overclock on H97?

No, that was all the other boards, and it was Asus that did it first.

H97 isn't really made for overclocking.

Oh ok.

Didn't [someone] release a bios update on their boards that allowed them to overclock on H97?

You can still tinker with the BCLK. But don't expect a very high OC that way. H97s weren't really designed for OCing.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

You would need to do a software overclock, in Intel Extreme Tuning or something.

DAYTONA

PROCESSOR - AMD RYZEN 7 3700X
MOTHERBOARD - ASUS PRIME X370-PRO
RAM - 32GB (4x8GB) CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX DDR4-2400
CPU COOLING - NOCTUA NH-D14
GRAPHICS CARD - EVGA NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0 w/ BACKPLATE
BOOT and PROGRAMS - CORSAIR MP600 1TB
GAMES and FILES - TOSHIBA 2TB
INTERNAL BACKUP - WESTERN DIGITAL GREEN 4TB
POWER SUPPLY - CORSAIR RM850i
CASE - CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D

Yes you can. The limitations are: you can't freely oc ram and you can't mess with BCLK (always 100), but you can increase clock ratios per core and mess with voltages