evga 980ti FTW edition PCB/waterblock

D3LTA9

Just wondering if anyone has put a waterblock on an evga 980ti FTW edition? As far as I am aware they are ref pcb but just have slightly different components to support extra power phases and higher OC. Cant see anything about waterblock compatibility though.

I was always going to grab x2 980ti classified but the premium that is on them right now through amazon (only place that has stock) is ridiculous so really cant justify an extra $240 for two of them versus two FTW editions.

Thanks for any input

If I'm not wrong the PCB never changes from 980ti to 980ti, but i'm not sure

Case: NZXT phantom CPU:I5-4460 GPU:MSI-GTX1070 Gaming X RAM:2x4Gb-DDR3-HyperX fury MOBO:Asus Z97-P HDD:Toshiba 1Tb 7200rpm PSU:Sentey650W

http://configurator.ekwb.com use this site when checking for water blocks.

and, no this card is not reference (enough) to use reference blocks, and EK apparently isn't planning on making any for the card. if you want waterblocks the best to go with would either be the EVGA SC or SC+ as they do use the reference board. the Classified also actually has blocks for it.

Aftermarket 980Ti >= Fury X >= Reference 980Ti > Fury > 980 > 390X > 390 >= 970 380X > 380 >= 960 > 950 >= 370 > 750Ti = 360

"The Orange Box" || CPU: i5 4690k || RAM: Kingston Hyper X Fury 16GB || Case: Aerocool DS200 (Orange) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate || Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 240GB + WD Black 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM750 || Mobo: ASUS Z97-A || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

"Unnamed Form Factor Switch" || CPU: i7 6700K || RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB || Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Mini ITX (White) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate (Green Cover) || Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 1TB || PSU: XFX XTR 550W || Mobo: ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

http://configurator.ekwb.com use this site when checking for water blocks.

and, no this card is not reference (enough) to use reference blocks, and EK apparently isn't planning on making any for the card. if you want waterblocks the best to go with would either be the EVGA SC or SC+ as they do you the reference board. the Classified also actually has blocks for it.

Thanks for that, I had actually completely forgotten about EK's compatibility checker. Looks like evga has released more stock of the classifieds and they are back to 700 usd so will just go with them. That exchange rate to nz/aus right now though... yuck. 

• 9 months later...