GPU underperforming

Wano97

I've noticed extraordinary low framerates the past 2-3 days in WoW, and the Furmark benchmark is only giving me a score of 2.8k, while Geeks3d.com is reaching almost 6k. 

Do you think my GPU might be dying, or is it a different component? I can't RMA it since it's almost 2 years old and Gigabyte support is terrible, and I don't have any other GPU to replace this one with.

Post your PC specifications, please.

Spoiler

LTT's Fastest single core CineBench 11.5/15 score on air with i7-4790K on air

Main Rig

CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz 1.18v, Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Mark 2, RAM: 16 GB G.Skill Sniper Series @ 1866MHz, GPU: EVGA 980Ti Classified @ 1507/1977MHz , Storage: 500GB 850 EVO, WD Cavier Black/Blue 1TB+1TB,  Power Supply: Corsair HX 750W, Case: Fractal Design r4 Black Pearl w/ Window, OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

Plex Server WIP

CPU: i5-3570K, Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: ASrock, Ram: 16GB, GPU: Intel igpu, Storage: 120GB Kingston SSD, 6TB WD Red, Powersupply: Corsair TX 750W, Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-01 OS: Windows 10

Lenovo Legion Laptop

CPU: i7-7700HQ, RAM: 8GB, GPU: 1050Ti 4GB, Storage: 500GB Crucial MX500, OS: Windows 10

Is it overclocked? Overheating so it throttles?

Yeah:

It doesn't overheat though. 71 c while benchmarking

8sqEbR5.png

Post your PC specifications, please.

i5 4670k

GA-Z87-D3hp

Gigabyte Gtx 780 Ghz Edition

16 GB ram

OCZ Fatal1ty 750w 80+ Bronze 

I think it depends on what it's rendering etc, because I don't experience any terrible stuttering or FPS drops in Bioshock Infinite. Only when opening the benchmarks, I notice REALLY low fps drops

Yeah:

It doesn't overheat though. 71 c while benchmarking

8sqEbR5.png

i5 4670k

GA-Z87-D3hp

Gigabyte Gtx 780 Ghz Edition

16 GB ram

OCZ Fatal1ty 750w 80+ Bronze 

That weird. What about your CPU? Is it overheating or throttling? That could also cause frame drops. Anything heavy running in the background? Did you update some drivers for the GPU which might have started to cause the problem? If the GPU was dying you would get driver crashes under load, lines on the screen or dots, those are the usual signs.

That weird. What about your CPU? Is it overheating or throttling? That could also cause frame drops. Anything heavy running in the background? Did you update some drivers for the GPU which might have started to cause the problem? If the GPU was dying you would get driver crashes under load, lines on the screen or dots, those are the usual signs.

Already reinstalled the drivers, CPU is staying below 40 c, nothing heavy running in the background, I haven't experienced this after updating the drivers

check your gpu utilization during those fps drops or those benchmarks. if the gpu utilization is really low like 20-30% or even lower, it's something that's software side. Try disabling and then reenabling the gpu in device manager.

BRRRT!

PC

Spoiler
  • ASUS TUF GAMING B550M Plus
  • Ryzen 5 5600X undervolted
  • Gigabyte VISION OC RTX 3070 undervolted
  • 32GB Teamgroup Dark Alpha 3600 MHz CL18
  • Corsair TX750M
  • Fractal Design Meshify C Mini

Sim Equipment

Spoiler
  • Logitech Extreme 3D Pro & Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle
  • Logitech G27 with pedals and H-shifter
  • TrackIR 4

try overclocking your gpu with my overclocking guide; link in my forum signature. if you have any questions, msg me.

BigDay